1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Taurus

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by Extainhaln, May 13, 2014.

?
  1. Teacher/Mentor

50.0%
  2. Big Brother figure

20.0%
  3. Past Lover

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just a Partner, nothing more

30.0%
  1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I guess? Though it's more of a personal revenge rooted by what he sees is a betrayal. He could easily brand her as a traitor in the eyes of the WF making her Faunus status moot.

Also Weiss is trying to distance herself from the image of her grandfather to make change, so I wouldn't consider her just any typical Schnee. But I guess Adam straight up doesn't know that.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

"I'm not racist, some of my best friends are Faunus."

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I think the best way to put it is that Adam doesn't view or treat Blake like person. He treats her like an animal, that he's disciplining for being disobedient. In his mind Blake is his property and he can do whatever he wants with her.

Regardless as to how he justifies it in his own mind, treating Blake a "worthless animal" still makes him giant hypocrite. Which is probably the whole point of his behaviour, he is meant to be the bad guy after all.

MechaG11 likes this.
  4. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I was doing some thinking about Adam and how his actions correlate pretty well with how his semblance works.

So far we know Adam's semblance lets him absorb projectile force/energy through his sword and then can counter with a devastating slash. The most notably interesting detail being that Adam's reprisal slash is significantly stronger in sheer force than whatever he initially blocked.

Now as far as we know the Schnee Dust company hasn't been stated to have killed any innocent Faunus, but do mistreat them. Yet Adam has no qualms with harming/killing innocent workers/humans en masse. Then looking at Adam's extreme reaction to Blake leaving him we can see her harsh punishment is nowhere near equal to her supposed crime against him.

Knowing all of this we can see Adam isn't just driven by revenge, but that he tends to return the favor ten fold. By every means a violent extremist and it's unfortunately a core part to his very personality. Always playing victim to justify his actions just like when he counters a projectile in self-defense. Dealing it back in worse ways because they "deserve" it.

Looking at Vol 3 now it's easy to see why Adam took things too far with Blake. Adam's takes everything too far when he desires revenge.

5. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

"I'm not always an edgelord. But, when I am it's because I feel like the victim."

(Sorrynotsorry. I totally agree, I just had to)

MechaG11 likes this.