1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Stuff

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by AaronC, Jun 22, 2013.

1. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

In extremely pleasant news, Nekopara got Kickstarted for an OVA in under 24 hours.

In related news, some rich weeb dropped $10,000 on the highest tier. God I wish I was that rich that I can just throw money at stupidly expensive weeb stuff without a care in the world.

2. stealthytanub

stealthytanub Well-Known Member

Are you saying that if you had £10,000 you wouldn't progress the path of Neko?

It's like I don't even know you.

3. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

What? No! I just said I WISH I was that rich. That was not sarcasm.

4. stealthytanub

And once again, all is right within the world.

KineticKaiser likes this.
  5. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(couldn't find one I liked that said weeb or otaku or something more appropriate)

6. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

Guess it is time for my end of the year review of all the animes I watched this year.
    School life: I had read great things about this anime and I was very pleased to realise my expectations were met and surpassed. It made the burial of a dog more moving than anything in Angel Beat managed (though this is not a huge feat). RIP Toramaru, you will be remembered.
    Yuki Yuna is a Hero: What you get when you have a director with more ambition than talent, a localisation team who clearly gives zero shits and a studio only interested in money.
    No Game No Life: It manages to make a coin toss awesome, would get game theory explained again.
    One Punch Man: All it took was one punch and I knew what kind of anime this was going to be.
    Dog Days: War has never been this much fun. And Yukikaze is best foxgirl, Ahri can go eat her heart out.
    Lyrical Nanoha: Some say adding giant laser beams makes every series better by default. While I don’t think this might be true for all series and definitely would not make Clannad any less boring, Nanoha does deliver strong evidence that this theory might be true.
    Love Live the dub: Let’s play the “who sounds like who” game!
    Sakura Trick: It sets the bar for the minimum amount of yuri I expect out of a yuri series.
    Konosuba: I will never be able to look at RPG animes the same way again.
    The Devil is a Part-timer: A devil and a hero walk into a MgRonalds… and start bickering like an old married couple. While I didn’t really like that Emilie got dumped down into the damsel in distress role, I did enjoy the dialogue and superb voice acting. They even got a teenage girl who actually sounds like a teenage girl (and like Happy from Fairy Tail.)
    Amagi Brilliant Park: The brilliant part is the art, comedy and characters. 8/10 would get shot by Isuzu again.
    Myriad Colors Phantom World: Where did Kyoto Animation go wrong?
    Kill la Kill: Symbolism! has never been this awesome.
    Gonna be the Twin-tails: How can I possible recommend an anime which core message, that twintails are the greatest thing ever, is wrong?
    Okami-san and her seven companions: A snarky narrator, fairy tale parodies and a tsundere wolf voiced by Holo, oh my!
    Sound! Euphonium: Band is hardcore, full of rivalries and yuri.
    Haifuri: It is like Girls und Panzer and Kantai Collection had a baby, then that baby grew up and married a conspiracy thriller. And those two had a baby called High School Fleet.
    Sagebo: The cast consist of a girl who will do anything to win and get rich, a super strong masochist in love with the protagonist, an otaku, a model who gets exploited for fanservice at every opportunity, a gun nut with more money than brains and an intelligent platypus. Together, they goof around and occasionally get into fights.
    Flying Witch: The spiritual successor of Kiki’s delivery service.
    Active Raid: It is kind of like watching Ghost in the Shell, except with less grimdark and quality writing and more large robots.
    My Hero Academia: This anime is all about setting limits… and then breaking those limits. Plus ultra! Go beyond!
    Shirobako: It is an anime about anime, but it is about to so much more. It is about the goals you have in life, it is about confidence and taking chances, it is about workplace problems that happen anywhere, it is about going the extra mile for what you love. It is about everything and nothing at all. 9.5 out of 10, am certainly going to watch it again sometime.
    Is The Order a Rabbit?: I have seen the face of moeness. And it is adorable.
    Alderamin of The Sky: At least it looks pretty?
    Love Live! Sunshine: The best entry in the franchise this far that improves upon everything that made the original great.
    Sound! Euphonium 2: Band is still hardcore, now even more full of drama and yuri.
    Strike Witches: What is there to say about this franchise that has not been said already? It is cute girls fighting aliens with magic and WW2 weaponry and without pants, either you like it or not.
    Keijo: It got likeable characters, amazing visuals and over-the-top battles. And the best part is that it was all paid for with feminists anger and tears.
    Magical Girl Raising Project: It is like the unholy child of Mai-HiME and Madoka, written by an author who wants his audience to suffer. Et tu, Swim Swim?
    Brave Witches: Considering Silver Links previous work was almost all fanservice and no plot, it came as quite a surprise that this series was almost all plot and no fanservice. Will miracles never cease?
    Izetta: It had the opposite situation to Brave Witches in that featured a lot of lazy writing and gratuitous fanservice but had good art.
    Flip Flappers: It is as if the studio looked at Alice in Wonderland and decided it was not weird enough and had too little yuri.
    Gi(a)rlish Number: It is kind of like Shirobako, except a lot more cynical and with a piece of shit for a main character. But unlike many other mains Chitose is intentionally written that way and manages to be a charismatic piece of shit.

7. stealthytanub

This.. This is golden content.
    I want more of this.
    Write more
    Now

MechaG11 likes this.
  8. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

But it took months to watch all those animes, the next part is not going to be ready until next year.

9. stealthytanub

G-Gigguk? Is that you?

10. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

So in regards to the second Little Witch Academia movie. I see people talk about how horrible Akko is for damaging Lotte's family heirloom. But watching the scene Lotte is actualy the one who rips it. Now Akko was a bit of a jerk throughout the film, but the worse she did in that scene was be a bit nosy.