1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Stuff

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by AaronC, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Imaginary Person

Imaginary Person Active Member

Amen.

MechaG11 likes this.
  2. BforByzantine

BforByzantine Well-Known Member

I feel like re-watching something. but what?

[​IMG]

Solution to issue

Edit: also will watch movie as well just for best girl.
    [​IMG]

#5202 BforByzantine, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    MechaG11 and KineticKaiser like this.
  3. Imaginary Person

I finished Soul Eater last night. I'm really sad now, because it's done. Season 2 please! Anyway, it was amazing. Quality anime, right there.
    OOOOONNNNNEEEEE PPPPPPPPUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!

stumpndum likes this.
  4. stumpndum

stumpndum Well-Known Member

There isn't another season with those characters, you'd have to go manga territory for that but there is another one with new characters, i havnt gotten round to watching it yet tho

5. stumpndum

stumpndum Well-Known Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOKAY got first recomendation for this season, stupidly fanservicey but good humor and based off a funny as hell game.

Akiba's Trip: The animation, it's got pretty good animation, so many joke's flying around your bound to miss a few and of course fanservice, not that shitty queens blade or freezer or those shows but actual decently done fanservice mainly in service to jokes. Same guys that brought us Hellsing the animations (not ova), rosario to vampire, full metal panic, vandread, afro samurai, last exile, bayonetta movie and more.

stealthytanub likes this.
  6. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

I personally thought I missed about half the references they were sprouting. But I agree it was a surprisingly funny anime.

My personal recommendation so far will have to go to Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu or just Cycle Club. It has likable characters, decent comedy and absolutely gorgeous background art. My yuri goggles are also picking up hints for potential yuri in later episodes.

7. ThatGuyRob

ThatGuyRob Member

I have to say, having rewatched Yu Yu Hakusho recently, it really REALLY holds up. The characters are great, the English voice acting is great for the most part (which is astounding since Funimation got the license at basically the very beginning of the company), and the story is fantastic. Great stuff.

And from the same author, a couple months ago my friends and I finished the Hunter x Hunter anime, and it really is a unique experience. Never have I seen multiple MASSIVE tone shifts in an anime before, but somehow it works. Go watch Hunter x Hunter. The disapproving Hisoka in my avatar commands you to.

8. Imaginary Person

I started Hunter x Hunter yesterday because @MechaG11 said it showed child abuse cooler than that shown in RWBY. I finished 14 episodes. Top quality show. It's like Naruto, without the flashbacks, and not as many OP people, and just better in general.

MechaG11 likes this.
  9. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

Akiba's Trip: The Animation? More like Akiba's Trip: This Has Very Little in Common With The Source Material

10. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

More like Akiba Strip(ped of any connection to the source material)