1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Aura [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by PolariT, Jan 7, 2014.

1. stealthytanub

stealthytanub Well-Known Member

Its not terrible, it just has some quirks here and there.

2. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

*cough*Cinderontherooftops*cough*
    *cough*volume2finale*cough*

I'm not saying its terrible, I'm saying its acceptable enough to be published, and it has practically no refined qualities.

RT is definitely improving at times, but the animation is typically 50/50.

Either its really good/decent enough, or its just flat out bad and should've had someone go 'Yo, this looks off, we should do something'.

Hopefully, since V3 has had an extended development time (compared to V2), it shouldn't be as noticable.

3. stealthytanub

stealthytanub Well-Known Member

V3 hasn't been in the animation stage for all that long, I think most of it has been planning or mourning Monty. (I think.)

Though I agree with you on the Cinder/Rooftop. God, when I saw that I had a full body cringe.

4. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

While RWBY has plenty of moments of subpar animation, I don't think an entire dialogue scene going by without a character moving there mouth is a mistake they would make.

stealthytanub likes this.
  5. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

While I agree they would've spent time mourning, I don't think they would've stopped some of the RWBY stuff for long, considering Monty's work ethic, and how he'd be encouraging them to hurry up and get back to work.

Just based on RTX alone, we know that V3 animation is already in full swing (since they can't just whip up the segments they showed in a short amount of time), and has been for a decent amount of time.

Its Schrödinger Scene.

Either its an internal dialogue (which would explain why Pyrrha's lips weren't moving), or it was bad animation (which isn't uncommon).
    Until we get another scene of a character getting their aura unlocked, or having the various potential ways of having an aura unlocked explained, its one of the two reasons I listed, which we can't confirm.

MechaG11 and AceofAces like this.
  6. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

Well let's make this interesting, have anyone already thinked about having a Adrenaline rush with Aura combined?

7. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

Yea forget I asked that...
    I had this one question since that Yang vs Tifa battle. Is there a limit to Aura, like how much can it take?

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Aura has limits because we've seen what happens when it gets broken:

- Mercury breaking his "leg"
    - Amber getting shot by an arrow (twice, once in the past and again when Cinder gets the full Maiden powers)
    - Pyrrha getting shot by an arrow in the chest
    - Adam breaking Yang's Aura and simultaneously severing her arm in one swing

Don't ask me to give you a definitive amount that Aura can take. Just know that it does in fact have limits, and when Aura is gone, people start to take real damage (including lethal damage) since Aura is in essence an overshield.

9. Ranemoraken

Ranemoraken Active Member

I'm still waiting for the fight were both fighters run out of aura, say "screw it", and then start wailing on each other like beasts. Yang Vs Mercury round two anyone?

10. Son of the sun

Son of the sun Active Member

Yeah, but to be honest I'm getting the feeling that if someone isn't expecting the blow, (I.E. Yang's arm, And Ruby when she got 1H Ko'd by the White Fang way back when) that your Aura won't activate. So most definitely less effective in surprise attacks.