1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Cinder Fall

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by xGhostx, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

You could say that is the (physical) "development" most people care about.

2. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

the puns are strong and rude here

3. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

Word play does not equal puns.

MechaG11 and Ember like this.
  4. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

All puns are wordplay, but not all wordplay is puns.

MechaG11, AceofAces and DevilMayCrye like this.
  5. ChildOfFate16

ChildOfFate16 Member

Thanks Shakespeare :D

6. BforByzantine

BforByzantine Well-Known Member

So I've been rewatching RWBY in the last week and I've had a theory of what Cinders semblance.
    What I was thinking was that Cinder doesn't carry weapons but the material to make it, using flames she breaks it down and reforms it. Where I got this idea from was from the idea of a Pheonix, they die (Fall) turn to 'Cinders' and then rise again, at first it was just a crazy idea that only mildly made sense but then I realised in the first episode when Cinder's attack is reflected and splattered on the floor she causes it to explode, the sound effect used is a wailing noise OR perhapse the sound of a Pheonix. This theory could explain why Cinder is able dispell Glynda's attack at the end of the first fight simply breaking down the material Glynda was using or her ability to create swords out of thin air or even changing her attire.

7. ChildOfFate16

ChildOfFate16 Member

I like this theory. It gives an explanation as to why her second name is 'Fall'. She may just like the Autumn months and decided to change her name via deed pole, but that's doubtful :D

MechaG11 likes this.
  8. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

That's unlikely. We saw her doing some sort of spell thing to change outfit for the dance. With her Cinderella basis it's more likely changing outfit(and maybe transforming other things) is her semblance, as worthless as it may seem compared to everybody else's. I'm sure popping corn is not her semblance and was just her making her fingers glow from the heat of fire Dust.

9. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Going off of the last few posts maybe her semblance is some kind of construction and reconstruction semblance. We've seen her:
    •Dispel Glynda's physical projectiles by disintegrating them.

•Construct her glass swords out of seemingly nowhere.

•Arrows seemingly come from nowhere when she uses her bow.

•Completely changed her black cat-suit to a black dress.

•Shot the arrow, deconstructed the arrow, then reconstructed the arrow to hit Pyrrha (though it could be argued that this may be from Maiden powers).

Edit: Anything related to fire could just be dust weaving. She doesn't seem pyro kinetic and fire explosions can be done with regular Dust.

10. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Well, when they stepped on the mask, we learned it was glass, and the dress she made could have just been glass built over the catsuit. The bow and arrows are also glass, or at least Ruby said they were. It should be pointed out glass can be made by melting silica sand, giving her the fire semblance again.

MechaG11 likes this.