1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Cinder Fall

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by xGhostx, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

But there's also the fire dust in her dress (and possibly even Dust infusion). Plus she reconstructs that arrow mid air away from herself. Then there's the purple magic thing she used on Glynda's projectiles.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Glynda's projectiles were made purple by Glynda. When Cinder does her thing on them they turn red.

Cinder has done remote fire things since episode 1.

3. Porkulus

Porkulus Active Member

So what was the popcorn kernel thing? Maiden power? Because it's certainly not construction.

4. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Well, it would come from the fire powers. It can't be the maiden powers because the weird eye flare things were absent.

5. MechaG11

Hmm I guess something fiery could be her semblance considering Cinder made a fiery glyphs ring thingy. But then Glynda made some weird glyphy thing too.

F**k Glyphs man.

6. Arkus0

Arkus0 New Member

Back in Vol 2 Cinder apparently had a list of people that Pyrrha was added to. A bunch of theories cropped up what the list was about, one of the most mentioned at the time was a list of people Cinder was planning to steal the Semblances of, though that theory has since been brutally disproven.

With the revelation of the Maidens and what Cinder did to Amber, the other and most likely theory was it was a list of potential candidates Cinder thinks Oz would pick to receive the rest of the Fall Maiden powers, though the only one we know was on the list and focusses on was Pyrrha. However after thinking it over, I asked myself why would Cinder need a list like that? She never stalked Pyrrha or had her minions follow her around to find out where Amber was being kept, she just waited until Ozpin showed up during the invasion and followed him.

Another theory I think might be likely is that the list was of people who Cinder thinks would make the best victims of her framing scheme in order to create enough negative emotions to attract the Grimm. Its possible Yang was also on the list and once Cinder found out about Penny being a robot she got added to the list as well. Yang was a hot-head and violent so she would be easy to frame, and having Pyrrha a very popular and adored celebrity be seen murdering another student would send a massive shock through the populace, Penny being a robot in disguise was a bonus that got Atlus and Ironwood in hot water in the same move.

I do have one last theory but its more of a wishful thinking as it involves Pyrrha's death. That the list was of people who might be of use to Cinder and Salem somehow and that Cinder teleported Pyrrha to Salem for some reason. Very unlikely but I still cling to a small hope Pyrrha isn't dead.

Do you agree with these theories? Do you have your own? Let us discuss them.

7. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Merged into the existing thread for Cinder.

Thinking back on what transpired, while you're probably right regarding why Yang and Pyrrha were targeted, I also just think it was a list of tough competitors they would face during the Vytal Tournament since they expressed an interest in who from team RWBY would advance, and went out of their way to manipulate certain matches for the best outcome. Not only that, but it gives them a clear idea of what they're dealing with should they find themselves fighting during the Grimm attack. With Cinder knowing how Pyrrha fights and uses her semblance, she can (and probably did) utilize a fight strategy that would work best against Pyrrha.

8. MechaG11

Well that's because it was part of her arc. Cinder is supposed to start weaker, then work her way up to earning her goal. Which pays off very nicely when she finishes the job with Amber just before the finale.

9. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I think it's less about earning it and more about Cinder having a bit of an entitlement complex. She believes she is entitled to whatever she wants, so she will just take it, regardless as to whether it's hers or whether she deserves it or not.

Case in point the maiden powers. She very much seems to think it's something that is rightfully hers.

10. MechaG11

Except she actually worked her way into getting it. Each time she gained was because she did the work herself. If she wants something, she'll get it.

Maybe Salem helped her, but it was by Cinder's hand that Amber and Pyrrha died.