1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] The Creatures of Grimm

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by DevilMayCrye, Jul 19, 2013.

1. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Holy Mother Queen Salem of Grimm. (Half the titles in there declare her to be the Pope of the Church of Dust, a human institution.)

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

In all seriousness though, I like the "Queen" title better than my "Master" idea, almost like a beehive. Or a hive mind.

3. The Supreme One

During her 10,000 year reign, Holy Mother Queen Salem of Grimm assimilated the Borg. Twice.

4. Porkulus

Porkulus Active Member

I do wonder, though... Is Salem herself a (very advanced) Grimm, did she become one, or does she just control them?

Alternative: She just thinks they're cool and aped the look.

5. The Supreme One

I don't know how one could become a grimm, though. Cinder murders people because she can, and she's still human.

6. Porkulus

Porkulus Active Member

You don't think in all of this show's labyrinthine and mostly undisclosed lore that there could be some possible way for it to happen? I mean, we've clearly established that magic exists... usually that's about all the more excuse anybody would need.

7. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

Me and @Ashland go with the idea of getting infected with Grimm blood causes you to slowly become more animalistic, losing your sanity and inhibition the more it spreads through your body and soon you become a human/Grimm hybrid.

8. Darkarcher

Darkarcher Member

That concept sort of reminds me of hollows from Dark Souls or Bleach...minus the infected part.
    Certainly plausible though. Humans with a strong will to prevent going full Grimm might become like Salem and have powers over other lesser Grimm.
    Cinder seems to have a Grimm living in her, perhaps she got infected or accepted a Grimm as a parasite to boost her power?

9. inventor121

inventor121 Active Member

We still know very little about the Grimm, however we know they can be controlled

10. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

Honestly I think RT are just following the common trope for monsters like the Grimm were the most powerful ones are humanoid.

White Raven likes this.