1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] The Creatures of Grimm

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by DevilMayCrye, Jul 19, 2013.

1. White Raven

White Raven Well-Known Member

Yeah, if the show is going to continue for loooong time, humanoid Grimm or Grimm/Human hybrids are inevitable, like the Arrancar from Bleach.

2. Popcornguy13

Popcornguy13 Well-Known Member

3. Porkulus

Porkulus Active Member

Cybuster likes this.
  4. Darkarcher

Darkarcher Member

This is true, I'm sure Vol 4 will fill us in more about them. The introduction of Salem should be revealing in some way or another.

5. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I think the Grimm are a more or less homogeneous substance (the black part) and they get their identity through the white parts. This would also make sense of the RWBY Manga Chapter 3 where they say they combined forced several Grimm into the armored suit which caused it to fight like a knight.

6. Godzuko

Godzuko Member

I don't know if any of you know of Deltora Quest, but how scary would the Grimm be if they resembled Vraals?

[​IMG]

7. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

So, new Grimms are coming along in post S3 and S4.
    I had this question that has been itching me for awhile, does Grimm has tasty meat?

8. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Well considering they dissolve when they die I'd say know one would ever know. Unless you try to eat it alive.

Tamm and SleepyEskimo like this.
  9. Setokaiva

Setokaiva New Member

Pardon me if someone's mentioned this already, but... It's rather interesting to me that Grimm appear to consist of all four main colors of the show: Red, White, Black, Yellow. Black for the main body, white for the "skull" and some armored body parts, red for the interior (it resembles blood), and their eyes tend to glow a combination of yellow and red, like fire.

With any fire, however, there has to be some kind of spark. Dust, perhaps? It is known to be a near-universal power source, and it has apparently been around as long as humans have existed. But there's still too much unknown about how and why Dust or Aura even works to say for sure.

10. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

You might be taking the fire analogy too far to suggest that Dust is involved. Grimm are just manifestations of darkness. If Grimm were born from Dust the same way that mankind was, mankind wouldn't have been able to use Dust as a weapon against them like they did.

Now, if you were to tell me that there is a kind of anti-Dust, let's call it "Ash" for now since Grimm corpses dissolve into black powder upon death (plus, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust"), then you might be on to something. Ash could be to Dust like anti-matter is to matter, but this is just wild speculation.