1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] The Creatures of Grimm

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by DevilMayCrye, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Setokaiva

Setokaiva New Member

Well, if Dust can indeed give birth to sentient life like Humans and Faunus, I just don't see a reason why it couldn't account for the Grimm, as well. The Grimm just went a different route than humans did: Grimm commonly take the form of huge, monstrous creatures, while humans use Dust to fight back with supernatural abilities and weapons. It's like why the dinosaurs evolved into... well, dinosaurs, but humanity evolved into a highly social, intelligent, and omnivorous race to survive without relying on immense size and strength.

As for the black powder, do recall that there are different kinds of Dust, and they all have different colors. "Burn" Dust is red, for example. There's also Earth, Ice, Gravity, etc. And we haven't yet seen what kind of Dust can spawn life, like it did humanity. Still, you're right, it's definitely a possibility that Grimm are from something entirely different besides Dust... I mean, we don't even know how they are "born" or whatever, yet. They're an enigma, just like the Titans from Attack on Titan (and they even dissolve upon death the same way, to boot).

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

I understand that, but if you apply the principles of Newton's Third Law, for every action resulting from force, there's an equal and opposite reactionary force. Consequently, you wouldn't use the same force to produce both the original action AND the opposite reaction. Based upon this principle, Dust (in a holistic sense to include every type of Dust in existence) cannot produce both humanity AND Grimm. There would need to be an opposite reactionary force separate and distinct from Dust, just like the dynamic between matter and anti-matter. That's why I introduced the concept of "Ash." After all, Grimm are the polar opposite of humans and all other life because Grimm don't have souls.

Now if you want to say that the creation of Ash was a byproduct of Dust's creation, that I could understand. With some cosmic event like the Big Bang, you'd get the creation of both Dust and Ash again, like matter and anti-matter.

Mudkip likes this.
  3. inventor121

inventor121 Active Member

It would make sense, that Ash and Dust could be likened to matter and antimatter. (though to me Dust is an incredibly unstable form of matter).
    A synonym for ashes is cinders and both are remnants, byproducts, of fire which produces light and both remain long after the fire has gone out.

4. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

I wonder if something like shark Grimm exists or something like that. Right now we have never seen and beaches in the series but if you look at the map they do exist. Also does anyone think/know if and known Grimm can swim?

5. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

It may of also been hybernating