1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 15 and 16 Story inconsistency

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by MechaG11, Nov 29, 2013.

1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I guess you could call this a plot hole but it's mildly supported by borderline Headcannon so I may be wrong.

Let's clarify one thing. Blake and Weiss are both cannonically 17 years old.
    Being the same age these two would have lived their childhoods out at the same time. This is where background stories form the inconsistency.

In episode 15 Weiss explains that she had a difficult childhood. Family, Friends, and Associates were killed by the White Fang which cause problems for her family/company.

In episode 16 Blake explains that she was practically born into the White Fang. She exclaims that she was at almost every peaceful protest.
    In some time the White Fang became violent.

In Episode 1 we learn that the White Fang had recently (note recently) became violent.

Lining up the pieces end with an inconsistency. Blake is peacefully protesting with the peaceful organization the White Fang while Weiss is having a rough childhood because of the White Fang's violent attacks?

So are the White Fang Peaceful or Violent? When did the transition occur? Could Weiss mean childhood including teen years?

As of now it doesn't make sense.

I hope we get some backstory about when it happened so we can have the answers.

Please fix this Monty.

-MechaG11

2. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

It's likely that White Fang turned violent while they were still children and Blake followed their agenda because she was a child with a purpose. But as she grew up, she realized that the White Fang had gotten out of hand and left.

And does episode 1 actually say the White Fang have recently turned violent or are you just assuming?

3. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

If he based it on episode 1 alone, it's either assumed or remembered wrong.
    Episode 1: "[...]when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted"*screen shut down*

4. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

I'm gonna assume Kiddie!Blake is 7 or 8, if shes old enough to atleast understand the general idea of what the Old White Fang wanted.
    Then over the next couple years, as the New Leader came to power, Blake stopped supporting what was happening.

Theres still quite a decent window of time for both of Weiss's and Blake's background stories to sync up.

5. MechaG11

Grr...Remembered wrong..

Oh well.
    It can be assumed that stating a count of how many disruptions either means a handful of disruptions happened or a lot of them. Either way I hope this gets cleared up at some point.

I'm also guessing Blake learned her Huntress skills from either the White Fang or from the lower ranking academies

6. DevilMayCrye

Its long been theorized that Blake learnt much from Adam, and that they have a very close Teacher/Student style of connection.

7. MechaG11

I can't picture master and student being in love.

(Well that's my guess. Blake and Adam are Beauty and the Beast so I hope they do have some kind of romantic relationship despite other fairy tale characters deviate from their tales.)

8. DevilMayCrye

You can't picture that?

Its a fairly common fantasy trope.

9. MechaG11

Monty and Miles' storytelling style is usuall inspired by current/newer styles as well as American styles. Though it's based on fantasy I suspect they'd feel strange to create a relationship like that

Then again I'm not Miles and Monty so I don't know.

10. ladubois

ladubois Member

Should also be noted that certain sections of the organization could have gone violent sooner or stayed peaceful longer than others.