1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Faunus [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by The Juggernaut, Jan 18, 2014.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Power is a relative term though. The most powerful Faunus family in the Faunus circles could still be very low in comparison to the rest of society.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Yes, but I mean powerful in terms of Faunus because we're talking about how they marry.

3. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

I think MOST power among Faunus would be found closer to the higher ranks of White Fang most likely. They don't strike me as the time to marry for what nonhuman traits they have. If they are just a matter of genetics like hair or eye color, that could even lead to issues with inbreeding. They'd really have to mix it up

4. The Supreme One

Hm... I was just thinking of how closely bred the royal families used to be in the real world. It would be the closest thing to purebred lineage I could think of.

5. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Yeah, and they suffered inbreeding issues because of it.

I really don't think a majority of them make too big a deal out of it. Some might prefer their own types for whatever reason, be it convenience or something to have in common. But I don't think there's likely much stigma against being with a faunus of another type. I think there'd be far more uproar on both sides in a faunus/human relationship.

6. Scalor

Scalor Active Member

Pretty much the real world argument of 'Interracial children' Some would see no real issue, but only the most 'Stuck in their ways' would find issues with it

7. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but is it possible that racism against Faunus varies from kingdom to kingdom. I mean Sun having such a lax attitude to the whole faunus equality issue could be explained by him coming from a kingdom that was more faunus accepting than the rest of the world.

I guess Atlus would logically be the place where the issue is at it's worst.

8. The Supreme One

Um. I thought everyone thought Vacuo was most tolerant of Faunus, while Atlas was absolutely not.

9. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Isn't that what he just said...?

10. The Supreme One

He was asking if it's been brought up before. I'm saying yes.