1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Jaxrond's Fanstuff

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by Jaxrond, May 17, 2014.

1. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of writing a RWBY fanfiction featuring an OC team, Team AJAX, so named after a legendary hero of old. The team members are as follows. Ash Ackerly, the level-headed team leader and tactician. Jax Fenris, a wolf Faunus with a wonderful sense of loyalty and a unique fighting style. Ana Vasilisa, the soft-spoken young daughter of a wealthy family. Xanthus Gold, the strong and charismatic warrior of the group who strives to protect his team.

As the story develops, I will post it in this thread. Feel free to read and comment. This is not my first fanfiction. Others can be found here. I encourage you to read some of my other work as well, as I put a lot of effort into my writing.

And, so I don't get sued: RWBY belongs to Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions. The only things I own are my Original Characters and the ideas associated with them.

Welcome to

Warrior Spirit

#1 Jaxrond, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Popcornia likes this.
  2. Jaxrond

Chapter 1: Jax

Jax's pink eyes were somber as she stared out the window of the airship. Her purple hair rustled slightly in the breeze given off by the ventilation system throughout the craft. She leaned up against the clear material of the window, her jacket sleeve shielding her skin from the cool surface. Sighing, she closed her eyes.
    There had been no family to see her off. After all, it was a long way from her home in Menagerie to Sanctum, where the airship pickup was located, and an even longer way to Beacon, where she would reside for the next four years as she completed her training. Her mother and grandmother had been unable to make the journey. And her father...well, he was out of the question. She could scarcely remember what his voice sounded like. He had left when she was so young...Her hand twitched toward the picture in her pocket. She had rescued it when her backpack, where it had originally lain, was stowed away with the rest of her luggage.
    The photo depicted a tall, strong man with angular features and a pair of black wolf ears poking up out of his black hair. In his arms, he held Jax, who had been no older than three. Both were smiling broadly at the camera, as though they had just finished laughing about something together when the picture was taken. Jax could not remember that moment. The photo was the only proof she had that her father had existed in the first place. It was the only reason Jax knew what her father looked like. She had looked at it so often that the image of his smiling face had been engraved into her memory. She had no doubt that she would recognize him the day she found him. Then, she could demand her answers, demand to know why he had left her and her mother to scrounge for a living. Her mother had been forced to work multiple jobs and was hardly ever home with her family. If her father had loved them, why had he subjected them to that existence?
    Feeling herself beginning to get worked up over the same issue that had be apparent for fourteen years, she took a deep breath. This was a time to be happy, not angry over an unsolvable problem. During her brief visit back home, her grandmother and mother had both expressed their pride at her success before wishing her farewell once more. She smiled slightly at the memory. It helped to lighten her mood. Maybe her family had not seen her off at the platform, but they were still hoping and praying for her, and that was enough.
    Jax turned her gaze back to the window. Soon, she would be arriving at Beacon Academy and beginning her training. Her soft smile grew into a grin as she mulled over the thought, focusing on it instead of the previous negativities.
    I'm gonna be a Huntress. That's so badass. The kids in the slums won't know what hit 'em when I graduate, full-fledged and ready to fight Grimm. I'm gonna show these guys that Faunus are people who can't be pushed around, without using violence. I've got a statement to make, she felt her grin widen, And I'm gonna make it!

#2 Jaxrond, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    AceofAces likes this.
  3. Jaxrond

Chapter 2: Xanthus, meet Ash
    Xanthus yawned, stretching his arms high above his head. He was beginning to tire of the airship. While the interior was comfortable enough, he disliked being crammed into an enclosed space with so many other people. Especially when it seemed like some of the other kids were doing things like getting motion sickness and throwing up. He was not one to get squeamish, but he was still not thrilled about seeing anyone throw up.
    Running a hair through his blonde hair and tousling it further, he sighed. His axe, Ukonvasara, was heavy upon his back, rather, it would have been had he not been used to its weight. When one invents his own weapon and trains with it for a long period of time, he tends to be able to handle it well. He adjusted the strap that ran across his chest, keeping Ukonvasara well in place. He had already inspected the weapon and cleaned any imaginary grime on its blade and within its gears. Now, he was bored and had found nothing else to do. His bags containing his belongings had been confiscated upon boarding and, thus far, he had found no one to talk to. Surprising, considering his natural charisma.
    No one would deny that Xanthus was attractive. Standing at over six feet tall, and with the slightly broad, toned body of a natural athlete, he presented a striking figure. In addition to his physique, he had a handsome, angular face, topped by stylishly messy blonde hair. His most striking feature, however, was his molten gold eyes, which were almost constantly filled with warmth. He had never had any problems making friends.
    He sighed. Thus far, everyone had gathered into groups or made it obvious they wanted to be alone. He supposed it was only a matter of time before he had his own crew of classmates to hang out with. Still, he hated not having someone to at least sit next to in companionable silence.
    The tall young man glanced around, looking for someone who seemed at least approachable.
    His eyes lit on someone standing only a few feet away. It was another boy, one with shaggy black hair. A pair of square-framed glasses perched on his nose. He was staring rather intently out the window, as though he were focusing on something of great importance. Xanthus put on his best 'friend-making' smile and stepped closer.
    "Hey, see anything interesting out there?"
    The boy looked up at him, barely turning his head to do so, his grey eyes swiveling to focus on Xanthus.
    Xanthus suddenly felt as though this boy were looking inside him, sizing him up, and finding him utterly lacking. He suppressed a shiver. It was a horribly unsettling feeling.
    Finally, the boy answered, shrugging one black clad shoulder.
    "Not particularly."
    He returned his piercing gaze to the view, allowing Xanthus to breathe again. His smile had faded under the scrutiny of the other boy. Now, he forced it to return, though it was not as bright as before.
    "So, ah, excited? We'll be arriving soon."
    Thankfully, the boy did not look at him again.
    "I suppose. To be frank, I'm not one who 'excites' easily. Though, I am glad at the imminence of our arrival."
    Xanthus blinked in surprise. Whatever he had been expecting from the boy, this was not it. There was an awkward pause. Then, the other boy sighed.
    "My apologies," he glanced at Xanthus, "My name is Ash Ackerly."
    Xanthus almost let his relief slip through to color his expression. Not only was he glad to have a normal conversation topic, but he recognized the name. Ash Ackerly had graduated at the top of their class. Though they had never spoken before, he was glad to find someone of the same school.
    "Xanthus Gold. Nice to meet you."
    Ash nodded, recognition flashing in his eyes. Xanthus too had scored high in his final grades.
    "Hm, you as well," he turned to look at Xanthus fully, though, this time, he spared him the piercing weight of his gaze, "Well, Mr. Gold, I hope that our time spent together at Beacon Academy will not be strenuous. If you don't cross me, we might even be, dare I say it, friends," he gave another short nod, "I bid you good day."
    With that, Ash turned and strode away, a slender, dark figure that disappeared into the mass of people. Xanthus was left behind, confused and rather put off.
    "Well, that was...different," he muttered, moving to lean against the window.
    Never before had he felt so inferior to another as he had when speaking with Ash.

AceofAces likes this.
  4. Jaxrond

Since I dropped the above fanfic but continue to do other stuff, it seemed fitting to rename the thread for future use. First item: a few sketches of RWBY OCs

Arilynne Knightroad (Fairchild) during a recent point in the Grim Tales RP
    WIN_20160208_105654.JPG

Linus Fairchild
    WIN_20160302_213854.JPG

Who does have tattoo sleeves but...that sounds painfully tedious...so...

MechaG11 likes this.
  5. Jaxrond

Even though he's in the Fanart thread, I'm posting him here too. My bae, my manfu, my first RWBY fanart:

WIN_20160302_222511.jpg

I'm so happy he turned out so well.

WIN_20160302_225346.jpg

WIN_20160302_230806.jpg

#5 Jaxrond, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  6. Jaxrond

Aaaand here we go. Not the promised LoZ/RWBY crossover crackfic, but a crackfic nonetheless. Born from a comment pertaining to how Tyrian's so weird he probably melts lucky charms and snorts them for breakfast, I give you Morning Habits.