1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Maidens [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by AceofAces, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Anubis

Anubis Member

So I guess my next question is what came first: The Silver Eyed Warrior or the Maidens? Maybe because the Silver-eyes were rare or thought extinct that the Maidens were created by the Wizard to help fight the Grimm?

2. BlakJakXXI

BlakJakXXI Well-Known Member

Probably the Silver Eyed Warriors, since Qrow's story about them seems to imply that they were the main (or at least major) reason humanity was able to survive against the Grimm long enough for kingdoms and huntsmen to develop, and were specifically meant to hold the Grimm off.

3. Anubis

Anubis Member

Makes sense; also like that they seemed to not going in the direction of Ruby being a Maiden but a Silver-eyed Warrior; though I do wonder if Maiden powers are Hereditary.

4. BlakJakXXI

BlakJakXXI Well-Known Member

No, it's been established that maiden powers are passed on to the last young female to be in the dying maiden's thoughts. It's not something genetic like the Silver-eyed power.

5. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

um... no

The maidens were created to use their powers to help humanity by spreading kindness and generosity and laughter and other elements of harmony across all of remnant. They were not created expressly to fight grimm.

Aznpride1207 likes this.
  6. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member

Agreed, nowhere does it say anything about fighting Grimm in the legend. Sure they have extraordinary powers but they are more planeteers then Captain Planet if you get what I mean

7. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

I think that the at least one of the other maidens should of tried to stop Cynder as the maiden would of been more powerful than Cynder as they would have the full power of a maiden. And all three of them easily could beat Cinder.

#97 Mudkip, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

So we know the Maidens were thought up during Volume 2 (for better or worst). Assuming the silver eyes was intended from the start, could the main reason that they came up with the meiden concept, be to level the playing field a bit between Cinder and Ruby?

Having those super special supernatural powers would (and arguably still does) give Ruby a bit of crushing advantage over her enemies. Giving Cinder her own set of supernatural powers would mitigate that crushing advantage, atleast to some degree. It does make building tension in that situation a bit easier.

#98 Cybuster, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016