1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Maidens [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by AceofAces, Jan 5, 2016.

1. mach56gs

mach56gs Active Member

Uh.

What?

The power tends to go to a young girl that they last thought of. Its vague enough as it is and is really hard to pin down - hence the whole reason why they're trying to get Pyrrha to do the transfer.

There isn't any guaranteed "tendency" or direction of where maidens would be created. Also, take into account the fact that Maiden's are necessarily so shortlived. After 40 years of experience and many young girls to think of in your last moments, it is a very tricksy situation.

So I don't see how it would be easy to keep them all in a single area.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

That's true and all, but if she spends all or most of her life in this single continent, has a family, ex cetera, then most if not all the people she knows and therefore can think of in her lat moments would all be on this continent.

3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

The problem with that is there is nothing to stop a maiden from moving to another Kingdom if they choose to do so.

4. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

We're talking about if the headmasters were trying to keep the powers in each kingdom. In this case they would be keeping the girls in the kingdom they were born into

5. Cybuster

I don't think Ozpin and co are the kinds of people who would force a maiden to stay in their home kingdom.

6. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

The one hole in that theory is how random is "randomly selected"? The maiden's last thought is a male: powers transfer to random person, possibly a girl on the opposite side of Remnant working in her parent's shop who will never even realize she got new powers. What then?

The Supreme One likes this.
  7. miiti

miiti New Member

Hey guys!
    I have a theory for the four maidens!
    Want to heard it?

Well, i was thinking that everythings Rooster Teeth put into RWBY was not a coincidence.

Trailers always make me feel like i have missing something.
    So, i read one more time the lyrics and !!! surprise!!! it's jump in front of me!
    Let's begin
    What if Ruby a maiden?
    Ruby ? => red like roses? => roses bloom in spring => spring a season => RUBY SPRING MAIDEN!

One more!:
    What if Weiss a maiden?
    Weiss?=>Weiss color is white =>white => cold or snow=>Weiss full name is Weiss Schnee=>Shnee = snow in German=>snow=>winter=> WEISS WINTER MAIDEN!

Third!
    What if Yang a maiden?
    Yang=>Yellow=>sun=>hotter than the sun in the middle of july=>july in summer=> YANG SUMMER MAIDEN!
    For Yang you have too the fact that she admire Summer rose and the fact her eyes turn red and it's not her semblance fault.
    Yeah, that maybe because of her gene é_è.

AND FOR FINISH
    the relation was hard to find but:

What if Blake a maiden?
    Black=>fanus=>animal=>hunt period in America is apparently in automn (not sure at all)=>BLACK FALL MAIDEN!
    For blake i'm not sure at all so if you find better.... !!

I think the moon in trailer have some mystery too, i will take a time for find it!

Before saying i write like a dog please don't judge me i'm FRENCH!!!!
    And i love english byebye!

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

You are hardly the first, nor likely the last, to suggest such a theory, though most people think that this is where the show will end. I have doubts that any of them are Maidens at all right now. Otherwise, they would have been initiated and protected sooner, like Amber.

9. Cybuster

I think if one wants to go down the Ruby is maiden route the argument can be made that they have already been secretly protecting her. As for why she hasn't been told? They could simply think she's too young to handle it at the moment.

It's not a sure fire thing by any stretch of the imagination but it's far from out of the question either.

Now all of Team RWBY being maidens is flat out impossible at this point since we already have one maiden accounted for.

10. inventor121

inventor121 Active Member

It is possible that they haven't been told because both Ruby and Yang have a chance at being the Summer Maiden (assuming that Summer Rose was the Summer Maiden) and Ozpin has no idea since neither of them have manifested any form of powers.