1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark's OC Team SLVR

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by Terra125, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Terra125

Terra125 Member

So allegedly this guy was approached by RT themselves to help with RWBY but he declined because he didn't want to move to Texas. I'm surprised he hasn't been recognized on this site before (After browsing this entire section) He's pretty good... wish I could afford some Animation software so I could learn how to animate my own OC team... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCk8oSJJ7MKRDRjkd4nDFA/videos

#1 Terra125, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Where in the world does it say that RT approached this guy? And in what capacity? Probably more as an animator than for his OC team, so I don't know why you're placing some kind of emphasis on his OCs.

3. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

Wow, his animation improved immensely from the Charcoal trailer.

4. Terra125

Terra125 Member

I read some of the YT comments under his Linen Trailer video and yes I know you can't believe what people say but that's why I said "Apparently" and I never said he was offered a job at RT for his OC team alone, he probably was approached with a job as Animator. whether it was to help with RWBY or not. In any case, whether it's true or not, I admire him and wish I had enough artistic vision bring my own OCs to life like that.

5. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

I think the better word might be "allegedly." "Apparently" carries with it a certain level of truthfulness for what is stated.

6. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

@Terra125, okay so here's the truth of the matter. Mark Zhang has done some work for Screw Attack for their DBX series. Specifically, he animated the fight between Master Chief and Jango Fett, and most recently the fight between the Predator and Prophet from Crysis. I don't know if it's a permanent position considering there are other animators responsible for different entries in both Death Battle and DBX (with varying differences in style), so this could be a kind of freelance work on his own (hence the unwillingness to move to Texas).

7. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Hmm he has gotten better

8. Terra125

Terra125 Member

Okay I changed it to "Allegedly" that makes sense. And I'd understand not wanting to move to a whole nother state just for one job, especially if he is indeed a freelance animator.

9. Imaginary Person

Imaginary Person Active Member

Mhmm, yeah that guy is good. Linen felt like retextured Sun with a different weapon, though. I liked Veridian and Charcoal, but Silver felt too OP. I like all the characters, but Silver and Linen were not fit for RWBY in my opinion.

Terra125 and MechaG11 like this.
  10. Terra125

Terra125 Member

I see what you mean about him being a retextured Sun but I think he's still fine and fits in within RWBY. I will agree on Silver however. He seems a tad bit OP being able to manifest multiple types of weapons from Dust for every situation like a swiss army knife lol. Also a tad be lazy weapon design imo. I would have preferred he had a badass weapon like the rest of them.