1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Movies

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Jaxrond, May 19, 2014.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Found this pretty entertaining trying to review Disney movies with 10 words or less.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

wait... chicken little isn't a dreamworks film? wat?

3. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Disney wishes it was a Dreamworks film....

4. stumpndum

stumpndum Well-Known Member

Saw rogue one when it first came out and gonna go see it again BUUUUT not main post.

My main post is through random browsing i found a new favorite thing, watching people react to the greatest reveal of all time. It's awesome how it's still blowing minds today, and while you can show it to kids enough time has passed that some people straight up haven't seen the original star wars and get mind blown that way its awesome.

And before anyone slags off about how could people not know it's simple, there's 100 years of cinema most people growing up these days aren't going to have time to watch every classic, even star wars.

AceofAces likes this.
  5. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

6. MechaG11

10 movies I look forward to seeing in 2017:
    POWER RANGERS

I'm cautiously optimistic with this one. We're getting its inevitable gritty reboot but it looks like they're toning down the edge just a little. They're taking after the Mighty Morphin' designs and the zords look great. My enjoyment of this movie will boil down to three factors:
    -Self-awareness over its cheesy concept
    -How good the martial arts fight scenes are
    -How good the characters are
    Spider-Man: Homecoming

When I saw this trailer I was a little meh. It's nowhere near as explosive as his appearance in Captain America: Civil War, but I still look forward to this rendition. It looks a little samey when comparing it to the Sam Raimi films but they're tackling a villain who hasn't been on screen before so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully they'll actually do something interesting with him instead of killing him off like an MCU one-note villain.
    Justice League

Another one I'm cautiously optimistic for. I'm still nervous due to Zack Snyder's willingness to not divert from his course, but I like elseworlds and I know they wanna do something different with this universe. Deathstroke is supposedly a cameo so yay I guess (if they don't ruin him). Flash looks like a lot of fun and so does Aquaman so I can't wait to see them put to screen. It's seems to be very self aware of its superhero concepts and makes fun of them so that's good point for me.
    Ghost in the Shell

This one is a tricky subject because anime movies are usually meh and I haven't read or watched any of Ghost in the Shell's iterations. The imagery and over the top concepts look great to me so I'll definitely give it a watch considering I've been waiting for an anime movie to finally do that (I mean just look a the non-anime Mad Max: Fury Road)
    War for the Planet of the Apes

I really enjoyed Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Caesar is just a charismatic character and Andy Serkis does such a good job playing him. The CGI looks amazing as well and I can't wait to see the conclusion (Summary: Not a lot of substance on my part. Just simple likes and appeal).
    Logan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

While I'm not too familiar with the original Old Man Logan story this trailer tells me that this film will have a lot of heart. Not only are we dealing with an older Wolverine, but we also see one of my favorite X-Men: Laura, a.k.a. X-23. Some compare this to The Last of Us, and yeah I can see why. Laura plays a surrogate daughter role to Logan in the comics so finally seeing that put to screen, especially with Hugh Jackman playing this version of Wolverine, will be a treat.
    Wonder Woman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY

I liked Wonder Woman's part in Batman v Superman despite being limited as it is. The fact that her theme from BvS comes back gets me pretty hyped. I'm glad we can explore a new setting not seen in superhero films thusfar. Especially with our first A lister female comic hero having a solo film. It looks fun and I hope it saves the DC live action films.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr7tDrwQ3t8

I loved the previous GotG and this one looks to be just as good. I want to see all of these characters explored more and I appreciate newcomer Mantis coming on board. Also nice to see that Yondu finally got his fin. Baby Groot is also a win.
    Kong Skull Island
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0-9FBs2Rs

I really liked the 2014 Godzilla so seeing this also be part of its expanded universe will be a treat (especially if they do a versus crossover later). Kong's CGI looks great and the premise is simple but not samey like the other Kong films. Lets hope we get a genuine good ol monster flick like the old days (except you know...this time be good).
    Beauty and the Beast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSGUAlTDyO8

Yes yes yes yes. I know the plot is the same probably but yes. I love the actor they got for the Beast and the visual design is on point (the music too). I can't wait for this because I'm blinded by nostalgia (not excited for Emma Watson though...).

Cybuster likes this.
  7. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

I'm pretty much only excited for 3 and 9 (and maybe 7 cuz I'm curious)

MechaG11 likes this.
  8. ThatGuyRob

ThatGuyRob Member

I keep waiting for DC to right the ship when it comes to their live action movies, and I'm hoping Justice League does it, despite the fact that Zack Snyder is still involved and that he hates the Martian Manhunter, aka the character who holds the damn Justice League together.

9. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I know I'm going on about the Star Wars prequels (or rather people's reactions to them) again, but it's something that has bugged me for a while.

They are sub-par movies, no doubt about that. But I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people are still salty about them. They ended ten years ago. If some one still can't get over seeing a bad film a decade later, than I'm sorry, but it says way more about that person, than it does about the film.

#1139 Cybuster, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Imaginary Person likes this.
  10. MechaG11

Moana credits play main theme but sung by some female pop star I don't care about.

Because I totally wanted a homogenized pop version of it. GENERIC POP MUSIC IS WHAT IT NEEDED. LET'S NOT PROMOTE THIS OUT OF NOWHERE POLYNESIAN ACTRESS WHO CAN ALSO SING GOOD.