1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo Community Writing Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by AceofAces, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

Alright, gang, it's been a week, almost a quarter of the way through the month! *confetti, confetti everywhere*

How's everyone holding up?

2. Popcornia

Popcornia Well-Known Member

Gave up Day 1

3. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

I have been visiting my family this weekend so I haven't had much opportunity to write and am now behind schedule. But I am almost passing ten thousand words so that is something I guess.

4. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

Sorry for double posting but I have hit a bit of a problem in my RWBY/Madoka crossover. For those unfamiliar with Madoka's rules, there girls make a contract with a creature called Kyubey (this guy/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\), who makes them magical girls in return for a single wish.
    But ehile I have planned the wishs for Yang, Blake, Weiss and Pyrrha, I have yet to come up with a wish for Ruby and I kind of wondered if you could help me?

5. GodofGamingRWBY

GodofGamingRWBY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist. Sorry for not being of any help besides posting this, magical stuff and wishes get the better of me.

6. Erevan

Erevan Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Meykin dah wurdz iz hrd.

7. GodofGamingRWBY

GodofGamingRWBY Well-Known Member

Plans for this month (finally putting this together so I can share it)

1: Original story with suicidal elements (Prologue already finished)

2: Make a Star Wars fanfiction. Because why not?

3: Make a Street Fighter/Arcana Heart crossover. Because screw it, need to show AH some love... Gonna have problems with the Arcana... Things q.q

4 (A bit iffy): League of Legends fanfiction. Not sure how this is going to play out.

And of course, Death Battles.

... At least I have my stories planned ahead.

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Lost a lot of ground going away this weekend. In all honesty, with the way that work is for me, I don't think I can do 50,000 words in a single month. 2 months would be better, so instead of giving up, I'm just extending my personal deadline to New Years.

9. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

@Popcornguy13, @Erevan, that just means you have a checkpoint to beat next year! Not everyone can beat it out of the gate, so just take little steps until you can run the race!

@AceofAces, the arbitrary rules are mostly just that. November is all about getting motivated and kicking yourself into gear; however you accomplish your personal goal is on you. Personal view on NaNoWriMo but whatever; you do you, brosef.

@GodofGamingRWBY, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, keep up the great work!

@Eurowatch, I'll admit to not have much knowledge of Madoka, but from what I understand about Ruby, she'd probably make a wish along the lines of facing the pain she felt from losing her mother. Either by having a preternatural awareness of her loved ones' situations or being able to be called upon to rush in and save the day, I see her as wishing for the power to be the hero they need so she can keep the ones she cares about from meeting a premature end. Again, I only have a vague knowledge of the crossover, so I'm not sure if that helps.

Personally, I'm sitting at 21.6k words, I've got the fic I wrote in October almost ready for posting, I might take a few days' break to knock out a quick one shot or two, and I'm trying to mitigate as many risks as possible. In the last four years of trying for NaNoWriMo- right around the 20k mark- something stupid happens and I end up being hospitalized or sent to the field for the remainder of the month.

At this point, I don't even care about the word goal; if I can make it through November without going to the hospital, I'm calling it a win.

Popcornia likes this.
  10. Erevan

Erevan Well-Known Member

I think 50,000 is a bit much for a writing novice like me. Next year I'll try to get atleast more than 1000 words. =P

Benzie likes this.