1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo Community Writing Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by AceofAces, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

How my writing went this month:
    [​IMG]
    I am going to do it!

[​IMG]
    I couldn't do it.

2. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

Well, today's the last day of November. Just a heads up, if you're still writing, you're operating on Cinderella time; pencils down at the stroke of midnight!

To everyone who tried this year, congratulations! You accepted the challenge and set a new bar for yourself! Now, you have a realistic goal to surpass next year! As we move into December, look back over what you've written, get to editing or finishing, and do what you do. Thanks for participating and here's me looking forward to you trying again next year!

To everyone who didn't go for it this year, no worries! There's eleven months between now and the next rodeo, so you can gear yourself up properly before trying next year! Or not. Totally up to you, of course. :)

Personally, I ended this month (calling it a few hours early) with 53,483 words- according to Word 2013- across two stories (thus confirming that I simply can't write a "simple, little one-shot" like I used to) and no unforeseen trips to the hospital. Seriously, I'm far happier about the hospital thing. Yay!

3. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

Good job Benzie. I won't read Partners, but I'm excited to read/edit (and maybe christen) the chronicles of RWBY and the great Imperium of Mann.

#83 The Supreme One, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

I made it for the first week T_T

5. GodofGamingRWBY

GodofGamingRWBY Well-Known Member

I spent the first week of NaNoWriMo devoted, then suddenly stopped and began heavily thinking on everything on the stories while barely writing them out.

So basically I...

[​IMG]

6. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

*smacks GoG on the nose with a rolled up newspaper* No. Bad GoG, bad. You cannot "fail" NaNoWriMo. You can fall short of your expectations, yes, but you can't fail. It is known.

7. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

So, with about 55 days until this kicks off again, I might as well use a bit of necro magic.

That time of year is coming up again, folks; November is less than two months away! You can refer to the first post for more details, but the bottom line is this: if you're a writer and/or have a story idea in mind, November is the month to put pen to paper, figuratively or literally. Start kicking around ideas now or draw up a rough outline if you'd like, just be ready to start writing once that clock ticks over to November 1st! Remember: this is as much a personal challenge as a chance to celebrate authors of fiction and fanfiction alike. Have fun with it!

I... have no idea what I'm doing for NaNoWriMo this year. Might assign numbers to the ideas I've got penned down and roll a d20 or something. Dunno yet. Probably won't decide until October.

KineticKaiser likes this.
  8. MasterFaster

MasterFaster Well-Known Member

I think I'm finally going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I've been meaning to, but I could never muster up the commitment. But I'm turning over a new leaf, so...ideas ideas ideas...

Benzie likes this.
  9. Benzie

Benzie Well-Known Member

Welp, it's the first day of NaNoWriMo, and I've decided to say fuck the rules and just focus on writing because holy shit did my little pet projects overwhelm me and I was not expecting that.

Here's hoping everyone else trying this year is off to a bang up start! Or a start at all!

Now excuse me while I try to furiously catch up...

KineticKaiser likes this.