1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

New Moderators

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by RWBY, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

That is kinda frightening, considering that salute is what they give when they're saying goodbye to those who are about to die :eek:

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Maybe it's more like a middle finger, but you have to read between the lines (the "lines" being the index and ring fingers)

MechaG11 and Jaxrond like this.
  3. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

erm i think it'd be cool to be a mod its not like its an extremely hard job where you have to work constantly 9-5

4. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

Dunno if anyone here has a sports interest, but the first thing I thought of when I saw 3 finger salute was the Serbian salute a player on a team I follow caused a small riot with a few years back.

And then I saw the Hunger Games thing on the next line and it all made so much more sense.

5. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

You have no idea what we do, do you? At least with a 9-5 job, you go home and leave your work at the office. We have to monitor this site every waking hour and be in tune to every discussion taking place to keep order when required while also making sure the site is properly organized and tidy. But I understand if this isn't apparent to you since there are things that go on behind the scenes.

DevilMayCrye and SatiricalNote0 like this.
  6. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

He also forgets, Moderating is dealing with people.

For reference; Hell is other people.

DevilMayCrye likes this.
  7. BlakeBellaAwesome

I love other people even the annoying ones.
    Also wait does that mean you do the coding and such if you keep it neat and tidy. Also are you seriously on 24/7 I feel sorry for you guys there should be a mod in every timezone to make it easy.

8. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Considering how I'm on the East Coast, Kinetic is on the West Cost, Ember is in Texas and DMC is in Australia, there's always at least one mod online at all times and I'm usually online in the morning when DMC is about to go to sleep. We've got it covered.

And by "keeping things tidy" I'm referring to making sure spam/unnecessary threads get deleted and moved from the forum list of threads, like when Kinetic removed the dead RPs that were cluttering up the RP section.

But Oneiros is right, our main job is to moderate discussions (hence the name "moderators") which requires a level of diplomacy when dealing with different people in the proper manner.

DevilMayCrye likes this.
  9. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Luckily we don't deal with coding, and cleaning up messes is as easy as hitting the delete button. But no one should take that as a sign to make all the messes you want. Cleaning up messes usually means something went wrong, and we don't like it when things go wrong.

We're not individually on 24/7, but we no longer have the luxury of just disappearing when we feel like it. I, myself, regularly check this forum on my phone when I'm out and about.

10. BlakeBellaAwesome

Yeah thats pretty much covered I guess XD. I didn't know as I know when you're on when I'm in a discussion with you otherwise I don't. And yeah still seems alright as a little side thing you've all got jobs as well I'm assuming