1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

NEW RWBYFORUMS UPDATES INCOMING!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by AceofAces, Feb 26, 2015.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Attention members!

The staff members and I are pleased to announce that we have a number of awesome updates planned for RWBYForums. As our community continues to grow and evolve, so to must the site itself. With that being said, here are brief summaries of what we have planned in the near future:

- On-site Articles and Blogs: Ever wanted to start your own blog to write about anything and everything? Now you can. We hope to install a separate section in the forums where members can create their own blogs and write their own articles of their choice, providing a whole new avenue for user-generated content.

- "The Front Page": In tandem with articles and blogs, we hope to put in a front page section that features the latest news updates, articles, and blogs, but this front page would also include fan art and fan fiction. In fact, we plan on having a "Featured Piece of the Month" where we select a popular user creation to prominently display on the front page of the website for everyone to see.

And the pièce de résistance......

- "The Market": We plan to introduce a brand new economy into RWBYForums where people can earn points by performing services such as OC evaluations, fan art and fan fiction commissions, beta reading, and much more. If people have creative talents they want to offer, they can choose set up a booth to sell their services in exchange for these points, which they can in turn use to buy services from other people, or use those points to buy exclusive forum content.

Points can also be generated just by posting on the forums itself, but the quickest way to earn points involves offering up your talents for sale. These points are NOT tied to real money so there is no real world financial cost in participating in the Market. Individual vendors are the masters of their booths, meaning that they make the rules regarding what services they offer, how those services are provided, and methods of payment (whether it's up front or upon completion).

In addition to the various services people here may offer, the staff is also offering exclusive forum content for sale, such as
    - Custom Titles (Like what the staff members have)
    - Unique color options for Usernames
    - Username Changes
    - Exclusive Character Banners (Yes, we ARE getting new character banners, and new versions of the RWBY girls will also be for sale)

We hope to create new exclusive content to sell in the future, but these are what we have to start with. It is our hope that this Market can be a thriving center for people to create new artistic content for each other or provide crucial assistance for people looking to make OCs or write fan fiction.

All of these updates can be easily implemented, but, as with all great things, it costs money, but all of these services are affordable. Collectively, in order to implement the blogs, the Front Page, and the Market, as well as update the website to the latest version, it will cost $260.00 US Dollars.

And this is where you all come in. We highly encourage everyone who can to donate a little towards these updates. By no means are people obligated to donate, nor should anyone donate more than they can afford. The last thing we want is for people to feel pressured into donating, especially if they are just not in a position to reasonably do so. There's no deadline for these updates; whenever we meet our goal, that's when we'll update.

I think I speak for the entire RWBYForums staff when I tell you how excited we are for these new updates that will make this community that we've all come to love and cherish even better. If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.

shikshiinjr, Rukie, Erevan and 8 others like this.
  2. Popcornia

Popcornia Well-Known Member

I have an inquiry about Market payment.

Will consumers be bound by forum rules to pay upon completion even if they did not enjoy their service, or will it be done automatically to avoid such?

Will there be methods to complain about payments if a user overprices their art beyond the quality they can provide?

Will there be admins to ensure that user do not steal original content and use it as their own for benefit? Will there also be reimbursements if users engaged in payments regarding stolen content.

Will there be rules that prevent user from using purchased content and selling it at lower prices than the original artist?

Finally, will there an official guidelines or terms of service for the market itself, or clear-cut rules to prevent users saying they are allowed to steal art because it is has not been officially made illegal?

As always, thanks for your commitment to the forums, and I hope we reach the donation goals soon.

3. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

Awkward time to donate, but I'll see what I can throw together...

4. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

We hope that such issues regarding disappointment with services can be worked out between vendor and customer, but the mods are prepared to step in as needed. We also hope that common sense would dictate that members are not allowed to steal content from each other or resell works, especially when such works are being created specifically for the customer to their specifications.

We'll try to establish recommended price ranges for various services, but we also feel that vendors should be able to set the specific price themselves. If they want to charge a little more, that's their right to do so.

We will establish more clear cut rules and guidelines when it comes time to create the Market.

5. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Please, don't feel like you have to donate! If it's an awkward time, we completely understand.

ztan likes this.
  6. IstessR

IstessR Active Member

This sounds really cool! I'm looking forward to the changes and I'll try to donate to the cause.

7. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

I'll definitely get something contributed at some point, we've just made a few really big purchases recently xD

8. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

Wow this site is going to become really big if this all comes to us. I love the market idea most of all. An official art and help trade function for the forums. :D

9. Pharaoh Shadon

Pharaoh Shadon Well-Known Member

My old forums had a point system too once upon a time. There were achievements I wanted in games on xbox 360 so I offered points if someone can help me get certain multiplayer achievements. Being the richest person on the forum, I had more than enough to spare :D

Although that also comes down to another question, are we allowed to give away/trade points to other members? I can't remember if I was able to give points to people, or if I subtracted mine, and added to theirs from the Admin CP

10. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can give/receive points directly from other members without relying on an admin/mod as a third party conduit, but I have to confirm this with @RWBY if this is in fact how it works.

Pharaoh Shadon likes this.