1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Nightfall: The First Huntsman

Discussion in 'RWBY Role Play' started by Ashland, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Ashland

Ashland Member

Hello there and welcome to my overly ambitious roleplay! This is the first roleplay I've ever written and, to be honest, it might have a couple of hiccups along the way, but I'm hoping you guys can see it through!

First, I have a couple of rules.

This story takes place 2 centuries before the actual show, so some technology such as robots and airships aren't really a thing just yet. Weapons still transform and can still act like guns, though. Dust is somewhat rare as the Schnee's haven't been mass producing it yet.

You guys are gonna be the first ever Huntsmen/Huntresses of Vale, and I'm allowing most people to join as long as they have a character and have read the prolouge.

Atlas is still Mantle at this point, and the great war hasn't happened either. Faunus are rather mysterious and tend to be outsiders that people don't understand.

The Four maidens are part of this generation! This is the first ever time these have existed.

And here's the prologue!

Act 0: Death of An Empire

Nearly 220 years before the fall of Vale, back when it's survival as a nation wasn't so set in stone, the countryside of the mountainous region of Sanus ebbed and flowed with the tides of war. Many nations wished to become the next great kingdom and finally stopped having to battle over trade routes, territory and the basic survival of the land. At most chaotic it had ever been, there was a 6 way battle between the small nations to determine who would earn the rightful place as the true nation. Vale stood stalwart, it's castle being unbroken by the small armies that tried to attack it, and the 5 other nations that wish to take the largest city on the continent coalesced into just one, equally powerful kingdom; The Kingdom of Elysium.

The two kingdoms were under a ceasefire after the massive death spiral the 15 years war had become, though tensions continued to boil underneath the surface. Each country capturing merchants caught crossing the border in hopes of trading to both countries, the constant arguments in the Senate as they fail to actually end the war caused the people's opinion of the kingdoms to stagnate. This caused riots and hatred of the two kings who refused to throw their egos to the side and admit peace, but this anger quickly turned to fear once Elysium declared a Junta, a military takeover of the government. The leader of Elysium's army, General Douglas Aretas killed their king in cold blood and imposed martial law on his people. Those who could fight were forced to, and everyone else was put to the side as what would be described as the largest military in the history of Remnant prepared for the March of Embers, the day the massive raid of Vale would begin. But as most stories of ancient history went, it ended in tragedy.

The moon shattered the night before the attack as a streak was seen in the sky. Mere hours before the army would wake up from their slumber in the barracks, unknown, inky black creatures started mauling the townspeople of Elysium. The monsters didn't flood in, nor did they invade, they nearly attacked each major city of the country at exactly the same time. They couldn't be contained, and they couldn't be stopped, in one night, the kingdom as we knew it was destroyed, the leaders of the nation slaughtered, and the people of the kingdom fleeing in every direction for help.

Many of the citizens fled for Vale, and at first, the leaders were apprehensive in letting them in but allowed it with one promise. They must bolster their kingdom's walls to stop the monsters, now designated as Grimm from killing the citizens. For the next 20 years, the people of Vale, and the refugees of Elysium worked together and built a 100-foot tall wall around the town, made of pure steel and armed with cannons and baristas. Nobody was allowed to leave this town unless they had special permission from the senate, but something nobody could expect began to happen to the people or Remnant.

The children of the people who were terrorized from the Grimm began to grow up, each one possessing unique powers they couldn't understand, along with a natural shield their body would project to stop most attacks from hurting them. The government of Vale saw a chance and began to train these unique talents with the assignment of getting them ready to battle the forces that have taken the land, in what will be the first trek of Vale's people past the iron walls. These people are known as The Hunters.

Your character can be an ancestor of a canon character if you want, but they can't just be a carbon copy of that character. Ruby Rose's great grandma isn't just another Ruby Rose, you know?

If you would like to join, PM me with a filled out version of this character sheet.

Character Template, Go!

Name:
    (Since it's pre-great war, if your character has a theme, go ahead and explain why you named them what you did.)

Height:

Hair:

Eye color:

General Appearance:

(Mantle, Vale, Elysium, Vacuo, Mystral, Other (Will Need Approval by GM))

Backstory Summary:

Backstory:

Personality:

Weapon(s):

Semblance:

Weaknesses:

Statistics:

Statistics will take some explanation by me, you get 25 character points you can assign to these stats, and these will help determine the outcome of fights between characters. Consider it a balancing factor

Might:
    0/10

Technicality:

0/10

Agility:

0/10

Endurance:

0/10

Aura:

0/10

2. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member

I'll be sure to get right on making my character later on today, I'm heading out but as I said yesterday I'm in.

3. Swiftclaw23

Swiftclaw23 Active Member

A little late, but I'll make one after work!

4. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member

Hey sorry I haven't sent a char. Sheet yet been busy with family stuff and haven't had time but I'm still in for this

#4 Aznpride1207, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. Ashland

Ashland Member

Hey! If we get one more, I'll start writing act one for you guys.

6. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

Count me in then. Will start writing up my character tonight.

7. Ashland

Ashland Member

Name:Justina Tepes
    Female Vlad the Impaler, first name is based on his wife.

Height: 5'6

Hair: Dark Red

Eye color: Blue

General Appearance:A slender young woman with long, curly, dark red hair draping down one side of her head, covering her eye and resting on her chest and shoulder. Her stoic face often shows little of what she's actually thinking. She's wearing a white beret and a matching white tailcoat with buttons going down the front. On her back, the crest of her family, an ascending hawk is emblazoned on her back in a dark red. She also has dark black pants with white leather boots, along with a red half cape that covers her left arm. Around her waist is a belt with two holsters, one for her weapon, and one for a small jar of blood that rests underneath the half cape. Both of her ears are peirced with a flower earring with a garnet gem in the center.

Vale

Backstory Summary:
    The daughter of a noble family who was raised in a prison after her mom attempted a coup d'etat and failed.

Backstory:
    Justina's mother, Valerie Tepes was an esteemed noble of Vale with great ambitions. She wished to expand her land and make the small nation she presided over more prospersous, so she signed a trade agreement with Vale to trade supplies. Vale would supply her house with metal, and she in return would give them gems from their mine in return. Though, a plan was hatched when members of Vale's government showed up to visit for dinner as she poisoned the wine. This killed a few members of the governing body and she hoped to use the ensuing chaos to make a land grab, this failed as her army still couldn't beat Vale's so they locked her up in a small home, constantly guarded by soldiers and not allowing her to leave until her death. The problem was, she was pregnant with a child, the heiress to her family's name.

When she had her daughter, Vale decided controversially that she would be classified under the same rules as her mother, she would never be allowed to leave the house, and for 16 years, she didn't. She had no money, no soldiers, and no nation, all she had was a promise by her mother that she will return to a castle once she figured out how to escape the home turned prision that they lived in. On her 16th birthday, her mother tried to escape from the prison with her daughter, who reluctantly agreed on the plan. After Valerie shot a guard, and ascended the city walls, a grimm mauled her in front of Justina just as the guards caught the daughter. Instead of fighting like her mother, she surrendered peacefully and asked if she could help join the forces training to fight the grimm. They were reluctant, but finally agreed despite her lack of training and her seeming lack of loyalty to the nation thanks to her mother's tainted legacy. They changed their tune when she told them she has had a semblance for over 10 years, despite the fact she didn't even know what a semblance was, and her expert skills with it made them much more confident in training her.

Personality:
    Justina is rather reserved person, stoic with a calm disposition. Though, her lack of emotions is because she has a huge lack of people skills from her sheltered upbringing. Despite not ever going to a school, her intuition is pretty sharp for her age and she tends to think before she acts. Her lack of people skills tend to get her into many awkward situations that she has trouble talking her way out of.

The thing that makes her upset is when they assume her intentions to be bad just because of who her family was, she doesn't like people who make assumptions about someone's character without getting to know them first.

Weapon(s):

Sanguine Reverie
    A large ebony colored pistol with 8 shots, each show can either be a bullet or a dust round and it has enough power to shoot through walls.

Semblance:
    Blood manipulation.

She can manipulate blood and alter its properties within 5 meters of her, this has many uses, though she often just carries blood in a flask on her side so she doesn't always need a fresh wound to use it. She can turn the blood into a projectile by solidifying it and firing it at high speed, she can also turn the blood into a sword thanks to the latent metallic nature, reinforced by her own aura. Another practical use, is she can solidify blood over the surface of an ally's wound to act as a temporary bandage, but she can only manipulate someone else's blood if their aura allows her ability to go through it.

Weaknesses:
    Overall, despite her large gun and blood abilities, she is still a much better long range fighter than she is a close range one, her lack of experience makes her decision making abilities and her abilities as a leader get put into question. Since she wears no armor, her durability is questionable.

Statistics:

Might:
    3/10

Technicality:

6/10

Agility:

8/10

Endurance:

3/10

Aura:

5/10

#7 Ashland, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  8. ThatGuyRob

ThatGuyRob Member

9. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

It's been too hard for me to focus and write up a character now. And with Island Song acting back up again I don't know if I'd be able to switch between two characters. So I'm very sorry but I don't think I'll be able to participate here.

10. Ashland

Ashland Member

We still have enough to actually start as long as I get 1-2 more sheets from the people who promised to join.