1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Nightfall: The First Huntsman

Discussion in 'RWBY Role Play' started by Ashland, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Ashland

Ashland Active Member

We're starting. Anyone else who wants to join still can, but I'll start writing the prologue now.

2. Ashland

Ashland Active Member

Act 1, Part 1: Raising The Curtain

As dawn rose on a chilly late winter morning, nearly one hundred teenagers stood in front of a stage talking amongst themselves as they waited for the reason why they were called there. The sun shimmers through the skies dancing with reds, oranges, and violets as the star ascended over the large, black iron walls surrounding Vale. The clamor silenced as armored guards in silver began to march up the wooden stairs and began to surround a podium. One of the guards, holding a large horn blew a triumphant horn as all the men began to salute the man walking onto the stage.

“I appreciate the attention and fanfare.” The man clad in white stated, folding out a piece of paper in front of him as he began to speak. His long, platinum blonde colored locks framing his chiseled, clean-shaven jaw and his blue eyes. “I am Chancellor Garland, the the emissary for Vale's Military and the effective leader of the Hunter project.” He said, lightly tapping his papers before continuing. “I wish to speak to the heart from this.” The deep voiced, but rather an effeminate man stated as he looked at the crowd of fighters. “I'm not proud of what we had to do to gather you all here today, many of you miss your families already and we put you through arduous training just to hope that you're ready to take on this threat that could possibly be the end of Remnant itself if you fail. That's a lot of responsibilities to put on people your age who have not even thought about which career you wished to pursue.” He said, reaching out beyond the podium, his open palm closing to point just one finger. “To be honest, this may be the last time I'll ever get to see all of you, I could even be sending you all to your deaths knowing that this whole thing is my fault.” He said somberly, his hands reaching back to grab onto each side of the stand. “And yet, we've no choice but to continue onward.” He said, steeling himself and hardening his expression.

“You're all Remnant has left to stop this plague of inhumanity from turning this land rotten with death, you're the first generation who has learned to use Aura naturally, instead of having it drawn out with experiments. All of you have the ability to fight back and protect others like no lone soldier could ever dream. Those abilities, combined with the backing of all of our military efforts to support you will allow us for the first time to venture past the walls and take back humanity's domain!” He said, with some scattered cheers. He pointed a silk-gloved hand behind him to the building the stage was in front of. “This was designed to be a college where people from all over Remnant could go and learn anything their heart desired, in hopes of making history in their career of choice. That was tragically cut short 20 years ago, but the Vale military has refurbished it to The Hunter's Base. From now on, whether you're from Mantle, Vale, Vacuo, or Mistral, and regardless of if you're a Faunus or not, you'll be living off of Vale's dime with weekly paychecks to make sure your morale is high and all of our Hunters are comfortable.” He said, adjusting his microphone some as he continued. “And yet, there is a lingering doubt in the back of my mind” He gestured, tapping the side of his head. “That maybe, despite all this training... None of you are ready, and maybe I'm just sending a bunch of our best and brightest to their early, undeserved graves.” He looked down, gritting his teeth shortly.

“For the next three days, you will be able to prepare, get to know each other and think about your decision to be here. If you wish to leave, you can, but after those three days, I will give all of you a test. Something that will prove that you are all the heroes I hope you will be.” He said, turning away and walking down the stairs of the stage before a woman with long brown hair spoke in a much less charismatic voice. “All of Vale's resources will be at your disposal while you stay at the academy, there will be trainers for each and every aspect of combat we know for those where are still struggling with their abilities.” She said, before quickly scurrying off to follow the emissary.

And thus, the students scattered to slowly file into the school, at the top of the stone staircase to the two front doors stood a sign; Beacon Academy. A lone red haired girl stood to the side, watching the people file in with a subtle frown on her face, she was wondering what this mission could be, while simultaneously wondering when the students will stop packing together so tight she can't get into the door.

3. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member

Being in midst of the crowd, Laverna had a good enough position to hear the chancellor's words, finding them rather lacklustre in delivery. "That was real motivating, no really a masterpiece" Laverna thought as she rolled her eyes and shifted the knapsack she brought with her to the other shoulder. Once it was time to head in, Laverna fell back to the end of the pack so as to save herself the trouble of pushing her way into this so called school.

#13 Aznpride1207, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. ThatGuyRob

ThatGuyRob Member

Following the rather grim announcement from the Chancellor, a tall, muscular young man with a giant sword strapped to his back, politely and patiently made his way through the crowd towards the exit. Even in this large crowd, Johannes stood out with his silver handled Zweihander strapped to his back, the large fur coat he wore from the wilderness of Mantle and the crisp Mantle Militia uniform underneath. After all what kind of man brought that threatening weapon with him to opening orientation?

Johannes made his way through the crowd, paying no mind to the gawkers and the few who actually tried to provoke him amongst the crowd, either trying to impress their friends or gauge the strength of the tall stranger with the giant sword. When he neared the exit he glanced to his right, seeing a red headed girl waiting patiently for the stream of people to let her in. So he did what any gentleman in his position would do. He stopped. There was a barely audible hum as he planted his feet and stretched out his arms to stop the stream of people behind him. And the fair few people unlucky enough to crash directly into him found him damn near immovable. He glanced over at the red headed girl and smiled.

"Hey there, miss. I'm Johannes Brando. Would you like to pass?" He said with a slight bow of the head.

5. Ashland

Ashland Active Member

The long haired woman adjusted her right hand from underneath the cape she had pinned to her left side. The tall stranger offering her passage was a kind gesture at least, but she wasn't all that patient. She took a moment to adjust her white beret as she glanced at the students for a second. "I just didn't expect so many people here." She said, her voice a soft contralto. "If you want to go in first, that's fine but Chancellor Garland did say we had 3 days, I'm pretty confident I can get inside within 3 days." To be honest, she was worried she sounded rather abrasive for being so dry with him. Justina took a deep breath through her teeth to try and break the awkward tension she created just moments ago.

"I appreciate the attempt, though. Uhh.... Yeah." She said, before hearing a rather loud slamming sound from the staircase.

"Watch where you're going, punk!" A man shouted, his long ginger hair buzzed obnoxiously to half of his head was grabbing the lapels of a young man with blonde hair tied into a short ponytail. "S-sorry, Marshal! I didn't mean t-" He was cut off by the taller, angry man. "You busted my gun, that was a family heirloom! I think the only way you could pay for it is if I broke your face. Fair's fair, right?" He threatened, the blonde shaking his head quickly from side to side. The students started to clamor behind them because the confrontation started to block people from entering. "Now hold still, Caleb. This won't take long." He said, pulling back to punch him.

"Well, that's just great." She muttered to herself, leaning to the side of Johannes to see the altercation.

6. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

As Marshall threw his fist, it was immediately caught, a young man with long dirty blonde hair grinning and wagging the pointer finger of his free hand. The crowd looked on in surprise as the monkey-tailed youth seemed to have weaved his way through the crowd and got himself inbetween the two students. "Hey now. We're here to fight monsters, not people, right?" he said, holding the shaking fist in his hand. "But... if you're looking for a scrap, then Bang Wukong's got your number," he said, pointing a thumb to his chin and flashing another grin. "C'mon. You got another hand. Give me a good one right at the jaw!" Bang exclaimed, goading Marshall on and drawing confused and excited murmurs from the crowd, some beginning a chant of "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

#16 Eights, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. Ashland

Ashland Active Member

"Get your hands off of me, you damn, dirty ape!" Marshall yelled at the Faunus, throwing a right hook right square into his jaw. It stung, but his Aura mostly blocked it. Letting go of Caleb, who scrambled back, falling onto his back and backing into the handrail of the stairs.

"Excuse me." Justina apologized to Johannes, in one swift dash, she dodged every single student in the line and appeared on the other side with a strong gust of the wind, the agile girl hopping to the top of the stairs and grabbing Caleb by the hand, pulling him out of the way of the ensuing fight.

"Let's see how good you are at grabbing people without asking when I break all your fingers!" Marshal said, pushing Bang away from him before balling up his fists and sinking into a fistfighting pose to square up with the Monkey faunus.

8. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

Bang rubbed his jaw, still smiling. "Heh, looks like you got a bit of bite to go with your bark. Which is good because your bark sounds like a little doggy yapping. But hey, enough chitchat. Let's dance!" Bang said, wrapping his tail around Marshall's ankle and pulling him onto the floor. Taking advantage, Bang jumped on and went with a series of quick strikes to the face and upper body. "Stone Hands!" he cried, volleying shot after shot onto Marshall.

9. ThatGuyRob

ThatGuyRob Member

Johannes smiled at the lady's modest refusal. He was about to plead his side of the case when the racket on the staircase began. The swordsman turned and looked to see a fight commencing on the staircase across from him. Before he could even think to close the distance to step in, a strange monkey man stepped into the fray to address the problem. He heard the lady say something and as he turned to look at her, she dashed across the great hall with an agility that he had never seen before. The smile grew on Johannes face. So, he thought, everyone here is able to hold their own. This should be fun.

Suddenly people were able to pass right by him again as the slight hum around him stopped. Johannes turned and began walking towards the staircase at a brisk speed. His hand danced across the silver pommel of his Zweihander, Bahamut, his hand tracing the symbol of the globe carved into the handle. People saw him with his hand on his sword and cut him a wide berth as he got closer to the fight. That is, except for one faculty member who stepped in his way. "Excuse me, student. You are in no way allowed to draw your weapon in here." A squat, mustached man rebuked Johannes. "I'm sorry, sir. I assure you I have no intention of drawing my weapon. Just a nervous habit. Now, I hate to be rude, but I must depart from your presence to go attend to that." Johannes nodded towards the staircase. As the faculty member turned to look at the staircase, a slightly higher pitched hum began and Johannes leapt from that point on the ground all the way to the top of the staircase, a few steps above the ensuing scuffle.

The blue-haired swordsman quickly got to his feet and advanced towards the monkey man, still beating the bully into the ground. Johannes placed his hand on the shoulder of the assailant and calmly said, "Excuse me, sir. I believe that man has had enough. You're starting to draw blood."

10. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

Bang pulled himself off of Marshall, jumping back to his feet and chuckling. "Heh, guess I should let up on the guy. Nothin' but talk, looks like." he said, turning and smiling to Johannes. "Hey, that kid he was picking on. He alright?" the monkey-tailed Faunus asked.