1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Original Grimm

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by Jett Ryu, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Jett Ryu

Jett Ryu Active Member

Don't know if this should be merged with the OC thread, but does anyone have any original Grimm that they've created? I will compound a list of people's OGs.

Jett Ryu
    Chupacabra: a Grimm built like a hyena, like their namesake, they drink blood.
    Incubus/Succubus: A humanoid Grimm that can take on the form of an attractive human to lure in and kill humans.
    Wyvern: A fusion of a Nevermore and a King Taijitu, it kills prey with talons, toxic venom and breath.
    Lesser Taijitu: Smaller relative of the King Taijitu, the Lesser Taijitu can spit venom to blind and paralyze prey and enemies.
    Hellcat: A large Grimm that looks similar to a lion. Males have large manes composed of spines.
    Blood Dragon: A giant lizard Grimm, it has razor-sharp spines on its back, and venomous saliva that breaks down arteries, causing victims to die due to internal bleeding.
    Necrofinch: Small, swarming, avian Grimm that savagely rip humans apart, a la Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."
    Nightmare: Equine Grimm that chase down humans and kill them with hooves and surprisingly powerful jaws.

Thehappyvampire
    King Kong: A large primate Grimm that has the strength to topple over three story buildings easily and has the fingers to use tools.

#1 Jett Ryu, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

I think an original Grimm thread is a cool idea.

3. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Venom is meant to be an equalizer for smaller animals. It would be pointless for a large animal with razor sharp teeth and crushing jaws to have venom.

4. DevilMayCrye

And while the Incubus/Succubus thing is good for a fantasy universe, I don't think the Grimm have need for that sort of creature, because they'd be utterly dependent on humans as a food source then.

As Kinetic said, venom is kind of exclusive to smaller/weaken animals, to take on bigger things on equal terms. (its typically why small spiders/snakes, besides if you live in Australia -_-, are the more dangerous)

5. Jett Ryu

Jett Ryu Active Member

Well, the Dilophosaurs in Jurassic Park, when fully grown, are over twenty feet long, ten feet tall at the hip, and over seven hundred pounds. The Lesser Taijitu would be about ten feet long, smaller than the King Cobra, which can grow to twenty feet.
    And, Grimm are living things, but do they eat humans for sustenance? We should ask Monty.

6. DevilMayCrye

Don't use Jurassic Park, when comparing Dinos XD

The 'Dinos' in JP, were genetic monsters created from fusing corrupted Dino DNA, with various frogs. True Dilophasaurs, are never believed to be able to spit poison XD

Depends on how we define 'living' XD
    I don't think they eat humans, they are just the natural enemies of humans. They are pretty much an embodiment of Humanities fear of the Dark.

7. Jett Ryu

Jett Ryu Active Member

I thought of another Grimm: the Necrofinch, a type of small, swarming, avian Grimm that savagely rip humans apart, a la Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."

8. Thehappyvampire

Thehappyvampire Active Member

King Kong: A large, primate Grimm that has the strength to topple over three story buildings easily and has the fingers to use tools.

#8 Thehappyvampire, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. Jett Ryu

Jett Ryu Active Member

I've changed the first post. I'll be compiling people's custom Grimm, if they have a description.

10. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

King Kong just sounds too campy. It sounds more like you're mocking it than regarding it seriously. Try a more esoteric name.