1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Original Grimm

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by Jett Ryu, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

I just loved the name, and it kinda worked with the other grim... kinda...

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

3. Mallengar

Mallengar New Member

I saw a King Kong type suggestion followed by someone requesting more mythological or cryptozoological ideas. How about a middle ground option: a bigfoot based Grimm? Anybody got ideas for the design and name?

4. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

Me and @Aces have referenced a few OG Grimm in an early chapter of Encore. Since we haven't gotten to actual Grimm hunting, these species haven't shown up apart from references.

* Androcleo: A lion Grimm named after Androcles of the Greek fable. The basis for Blake's Black Fang mask (Not a typo. We call the group Black Fang, long explanation on that)
    * King Kuja: A bull Grimm named after Kujata, a mythical bull from the dumbest world creation myth I've ever read. The basis for Adam's Black Fang mask.
    * Arachnos: Spider Grimm named after Arachne. An extinct species of Grimm that was the basis for the Atlesian Arachnos.

Might be more along the way, extinct or otherwise.

5. The Supreme One

how can you prove grimm extinct when so little of the world is explored and cataloged?

6. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

Oh, we have people exploring the world and studying the Grimm. We have Oobleck written as being a decorated researcher in the field of Grimm with books on the subject before he took the teaching job at Beacon. Plus, I thought the idea of having some Grimm be driven to extinction would be beneficial as it puts the Grimm somewhere between "useless fight scene fodder" and "hopeless battle humanity would lose" by hinting that it is possible to wipe out Grimm.

7. The Supreme One

8. WanderingAsura

WanderingAsura Active Member

9. inventor121

inventor121 Active Member

Great Leviathan: A Mosasaur shaped Grimm that makes travel by boat particularly difficult. Though rare they often avoid conflict much like the Goliaths and will not attack humans unless provoked. They have bony plates on their upper and lower jaws and spines along their back.
    Deep Terror: A great white Shark shaped Grimm that has bony plates on it's face

10. WhiteWolf617

WhiteWolf617 New Member

Razorscale: Prehistoric-Reptilian Grimm of varying size. The creature has a lizard like head with powerful jaws. Within its mouth are layers of razor sharp teeth used for tearing and shredding through armor. They often travel on all fours but can run/walk on their hind legs. Their front legs/arms end in hands with four razor sharp claws. The scales that run along the beasts arm, legs and back are all slightly razed so that if a creature moves against the layering they will be shredded by the sharp scales. This often leads Razorscales to use back hand swipes in combination with their regular clawing motions. Razorscales have a long spined tail that ends in a pointed, dagger-like, tail. The tail is used to pin down or impale prey once they catch up to them. Razorscales hunt together in packs, often obedient the much larger Alpha (a Queen in my fic), using a series of clicks and other sounds in order to communicate.