1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Potential RTX Meet-Up

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by DevilMayCrye, Mar 29, 2014.

?
  1. YES!

23.7%
  2. Pfffffttttt, No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd love to, if I was going.

76.3%
  1. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

If the UK had had a bigger fanbase, you'd probably get those things?

Oneiros likes this.
  2. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

How many people are in the Austrlian fanbase roughly. The video thing trust me I could think of something better than what they tried.

3. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

I think RT did a contest a year or so ago to find out exactly where their fanbase is strongest and Australia was #2 behind the US, so it makes perfect sense why they would have a second RTX in Australia.

DevilMayCrye likes this.
  4. DevilMayCrye

First off, how do you honestly expect me to know rough numbers?

Secondly, We have enough fans that we typically have an up to date Australian store, and we're getting our own RTX, and we won the right to have Laser Team premiere in Aus.
    So obviously we kind of have more fans than the UK..............

5. BlakeBellaAwesome

I dunno you seemed quite involved with the community don't need to bite my head off I just wanted to know as I want the RT UK group to grow so that we can have those kind of things because i'm sorry for wanting nice things for my country

6. DevilMayCrye

Being In the know, and being involved are very different things.
    Plus, its not hard to pay attention when RT literally says 'Australia has the biggest fanbase outside the US'.

7. BlakeBellaAwesome

I just want good things for my own community ok because it seems as if it definitely needs to improve here and well the people running the community here don't seem to do the best of jobs

8. LaserPigeon

LaserPigeon Well-Known Member

I'm looking to sell one of my passes. PM me if you're interested.

9. LaserPigeon

LaserPigeon Well-Known Member

So here comes my yearly post to this thread. Woo!

Guess who's going again this year? No surprise, it's me. Already purchased my pass, my ticket, and reserved a loft in downtown Austin with two other friends. Problem is, we'd really like a 4th person to share this room with. We'll be staying in Austin June 28th to July 6th, and the cost will be about 330 (without a parking pass) or 350 (with a parking pass). Please PM if you're interested, and I will provide you with a link to the rental page.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

So next year i'll be going to RTX whenever it pops up and as a Canadian whose never traveled outside of my province could someone tell me a couple of things about the event?

I know it's held in Austin, Texas but how much should I budget for hotel/tickets? I usually shoot for the top tier ticket if I can.

Finally i'll be cosplay as Qrow with a folding/extending Scythe that's being made has anyone had issues bringing props across the border?

Finally if you do happen to be there or looking for a roommate i'd be happy to meet/share floor space.