1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Removal of Teams/Groups/Clubs

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by RWBY, Mar 21, 2015.

1. RWBY

RWBY Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys this is just to inform you that I'll be removing the teams feature from the forums for not one but many reasons; the first and most important one being inefficiency on how things work and countless bugs. Let me know your thoughts although removing the teams is necessary to continue the update.

Also I'd to mention that we will have a major facelift in terms of design on the forums. The current theme is my creation but with the update some code will need rework for which I do not have time to do at the moment so I'll be changing the style in to a much better design made by another designer it will be dark and better on mobile.

I'm pretty sure with every change some might be happy and some not quite so but change is important and I hope we satisfy the vast majority of users here with our upcoming changes.

I'd like immediate feedback so that I can proceed with the updates

Once again thank you very much to all the donators who have made this possible I assure you all your money is going into RWYBforums.com and you'll see the amazing changes very soon

2. Popcornia

Popcornia Well-Known Member

Go ahead, whatever's coming surely has to be better than teams doesn't it?

GreatWyrmGold and Rukie like this.
  3. Rukie

Rukie Well-Known Member

Agreed

4. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Mobile looks good and is already easy to navigate.

5. SatiricalNote0

SatiricalNote0 Active Member

I like this and mobile is ok for now but adding some pictures or maybe some cool background features would be nice to see.

6. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Mobile is supposed to be clean and simple to reduce the amount of work the phone has to do to load it.

MechaG11 likes this.
  7. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Actually, I feel like the current one isn't simple enough, although I wouldn't be able to say what about it I wanted to change.

8. RWBYstly

RWBYstly Well-Known Member

Well this kinda puts me in a bad situation considering we run Beacon Academy through the teams feature. Anyone have suggestions for what I should do

9. nompancakes

nompancakes New Member

Yeah I was just going to mention Beacon Academy uses the Team feature to organize our videos.

10. RWBY

RWBY Administrator
    Staff Member

Best thing do to right now is to back up any information you want to keep from the group, we'll come up with another viable solution on how to maintain active groups through private forums I need this teams issue resolved first before we can proceed with the updates. I'll look into the option of trying to get an upgrade for the teams

GreatWyrmGold likes this.