1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Rooster Teeth Acquired by Fullscreen

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by Ember, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Media company, Fullscreen, has acquired Rooster Teeth. The heads of RT refer to it as an alliance, and say FS wishes them to remain as they are, but with better resources.

Fans are mostly worried because Fullscreen is owned by AT&T, which has changed hands more than once. The current FS might be alright with allowing RT their autonomy as it currently stands, but fans don't currently trust the potential vulnerability in the event of new ownership.

If you wish to read more about it, Community Manager (and voice of Yang), Barbara Dunkelman, posted a journal on the RT site, with links to journals Burnie Burns, and RT CEO Matt Hullum.

Thoughts?

GreatWyrmGold and Olivia Swan like this.
  2. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

Is this one going to be moved over to the Tavern as well

3. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

I don't think so?

It would count as actual news, since Rooster Teeth is the company that creates RWBY. This merger may likely impact RWBY.
    In fact, on Twitter, Gray Haddock (RWBY animator/producer/Roman's VA), stated that he was excited at what this means for the animation department.
    This may be what helps RWBY get that much needed sprucing up.

GreatWyrmGold likes this.
  4. Popcornguy13

Popcornguy13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

But my thread of the exact same name got moved :(
    and my thoughts exactly more budget for animation and probably more animators at a higher skill level

6. Popcornguy13

Popcornguy13 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it was in a non-RWBY news Forum. This was. Also, the moderators tend to be the ones who post the actual news threads. So sorry that you lucked out.

Now, I don't know jack about AT&T and Fullscreen or whatever, but the prospect of RWBY having a better production team is a nice thought.

GreatWyrmGold likes this.
  7. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Two reasons.
    1) If you posted it in a forum it didn't belong in, it would have been moved.

2)Only moderators/admin post new threads in the News and Community forums. This is to ensure there aren't multiple threads of the same topic, and that said threads contain the information and links necessary to properly share said news.

8. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

It's not a merger. In a merger, two entities become one or one entity absorbs another. This is a partnership.

It was moved because it didn't have an indefinite lifespan, and would've been just fine existing as a topic in the more general Tavern thread.

One of my fellow Mods has deemed it worth its own thread in the appropriate category, therefore it will be its own thread in the appropriate category.

9. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Another fan looked more into Fullscreen's descriptions. Apparently, they are working on their own version Hulu or Netflix, with a focus on internet video fans, like youtube. The videos would also be separate from youtube from the sounds of it. So no more youtube for RT?

Link

10. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

Sounds plausible. We give you resources, you move your super popular channel to our new video-sharing website.