1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Rules [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by DevilMayCrye, Aug 27, 2014.

1. RayCord

RayCord Well-Known Member

Yeah all we need is a couple general threads like video games, books, movies, music, anime and tv shows (since anime kinda deserves it's own thread

2. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

.......they each already had their own threads.

MechaG11 likes this.
  3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Well-Known Member

I feel like a user should be allowed to lock a thread that they've created, instead of having to ask a mod to do it, especially now that we've got specific rules about when to lock old threads.

Rukie likes this.
  4. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

I'll admit to some confusion over the distinction between pet and nicknames, it seems a bit six of one, half a dozen of the other... But I'll do my best to abide.

Everything else seems fine.

No mention of hydra-posting?

5. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

I don't think I mentioned locking threads users have created at all.

Only time I mentioned locking threads, was when it was for 'official' threads, like Characters and episode discussions.

It's a very fine line, but one that's easy to see (for Ember and I, atleast).

Well, no. Mainly because it's an issue only one user has, and it's harder to police.

6. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

GodofGamingRWBY and Oneiros like this.
  7. Kafcis

Kafcis Well-Known Member

I think there needs to be an update for the new moderators. There's mention only for the first three staff members in the rules

8. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Can someone explain what "hydra-posting" actually is and what is wrong with it? Soz in advance (btw I can't find the answer on Google, please don't kill me), especially if this is the wrong place to post this.

9. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

"Hydra-posting" is where one person quotes a bunch of different posts from other people as if they're carrying on multiple conversations at once. This has been abused by other members in recent weeks resulting in absurdly long posts (sometimes posts that exceed the 10,000 character limit forcing additional posts to be made) and has largely proven to be nothing but argumentative in nature, as if the person is specifically calling out on what a prior person said and attacking that statement. Not to mention that it's just lazy for people who don't regularly stay involved in active discussions and feel the need to respond to everything.

If you're actively involved in a discussion, there is no need to quote 5 or 6 different people and pick apart every statement that they make, which is why hydra-posting is something that we're trying to discourage here.

10. Rukie

Rukie Well-Known Member

Simply an add in for the pet names thing... Truly there is no distinction. Simply separated by what person says what to whom and their relationship levels. A parent can give you a pet name. My Mum calls me Tee Tee and CoCoa all the time, which I believe would be considered a pet name as well as a nickname. Hell, even a friend can give you a pet name, I know I am called blondie, Chlo, Chickie, Senpai, Onee-san, ect ect. Its never always with flirtatious intent.
    And as you mentioned before; Its in the context. And that its "mainly spoken privately". Where as when I call Blake Bunny there is no flirtatious intent. It is simply a nickname we have for each other and is how we talk to each other all the time. I would understand if the context around it was flirtatious such asn" omg bunny i totes ove you -cuddle huggle nuzzle snug- " but... Many of the cases of pet name claim are simle context like "okai bunny~" "thats awesome, bunny~!!!" Yet that is somehow still an issue??? I do not quite grasp the rues grasp on said 'pet name issue'
    NU FIGHT PLEZ SIMPLY EXLANATION QWQ IM SO SICK OF DEBATES AND BUTT IN ISSUES QWQ