1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Rules [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by DevilMayCrye, Aug 27, 2014.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

This is true. Just using pet names as a nickname alone is harmless in small doses, but you and Blake have a habit of taking things to the next step publicly with the "cuddle huggle nuzzle snuggle" stuff, which is the reason behind the rule. Although pet names aren't necessary to interact with people, if you want to use it sparingly, fine. But if you use it too much or it leads to the "nuzzle" stuff, then that privilege will be revoked.

2. Rukie

Rukie Well-Known Member

You misenterpreted what I meant, by ever so slightly~ We have gotten in trouble for simply using nicknames in simple non flirtatious context. We use it on a norm and its simple nicknames but we have been accused to flirting simply because of the names and may I add the two digit heart emote. Not only are they simply nicknqames but I use hearts when im not only giddy but joyful and to assure to come off nice. I use it for more than one thing and simply because not everyone writes as i do or calls their bf/gf a nickname as i do I hate that those two factors are considered flirting. Im trying to explain that it should count as what the context says. I can understand if we were cuddling in the wrong place but simply referring to each other as bunny and adding a heart at the end of my sentance does not make it flirtatious. I can give examples of me using the heart in other context but that would be besides the point of name calling.

3. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

That's why I'm making a ruling on it right now. You can use it sparingly, but if you abuse it, you won't be able to any longer. Got it?

4. Rukie

Rukie Well-Known Member

Got it~<3 thanks ace~!^^

5. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

No problem. But please don't make me regret this accommodation. This is something discretionary that I am not required to do for you.

6. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Many quotes = Many heads

Many heads = Hydra

This was not dismissed without thought. It was dismissed with the required amount of thought, which was very little. The name will not be reconsidered.

Your opinion of episodes was not what gave you your low standing. It was the way in which you presented yourself, and continue to present yourself.

7. Alexlayer

Alexlayer Well-Known Member

Lil’ question I feel I need to make because I’ve been called for my way of posting here.

Now, here’s the thing. I tend to post many fanarts at a time, like I’ve done in previous forums, but there’s a catch. If I post many pictures per post, a whole page of them will likely end up with many, MANY pictures. And I’ve learned from others in other forums that not everyone has a fast connection, and if I cluster a page with many a pics, for said people, that page may get hard to load or might fuck up with their computers in some ways.

My solution to that is to simply make picture-per-post, with the exception of pics that happen to be related to one another (say, many strips from one short comic). That way, most of the time, it won’t be more than 10 or little more pictures per page.

Preferably, I’d like to keep it this way, but since someone apparently has a problem with it (I don’t see why personally, so I’ll be glad if they could explain it), I decided to bring it up to know what’s the best course of action.

Rukie and The Supreme One like this.
  8. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I have a simpler solution (since your reason doesn't make sense considering the amount of pictures at a time would be the same and STILL slow down my connection).

Use the spoiler tab button on the post options. You can hide multiple pictures within it. This way loading isn't an issue since it doesn't load unless you click it. Plus you can name a spoiler tab to tell people what it is.

9. Alexlayer

Alexlayer Well-Known Member

It limits the amout to near the number of posts per page. If I post multiple pics per post, then a single page page could easily end up with over 30 pics!

No, no, dude, trust me, I swear, I know these things: That doesn't WORK. Just because the picture is hidden under spoiler tags, that won't stop your computer from loading them so they can be ready for you when you click the spoiler tag!

You CAN?! How!? o_O

10. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

There's a box presented to you the moment you click the spoiler tab button.

Also no, that's not how it works here. Spoiler tabs work. How do I know? The fight scenes thread no longer crashes my internet. And nearly my entire personal Art thread consists of the very same tabs.

Double posting is frowned upon here, so stick to the tabs or edit your posts please.