1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Rules for the RP Forum

Discussion in 'RWBY Role Play' started by DevilMayCrye, Nov 28, 2013.

1. DevilMayCrye

DevilMayCrye Well-Known Member

Draft
    Major Rules

1) Moderators have final say in everything. If you think a Mod is being unfair, ask the other Mod/s.
    2) The 'Story Master' is the one in charge of the flow of the story. The Story Master is typically the one who created the thread.
    3) General rules of 'don't be a dick'. If you have a problem, either talk to them privately, or start a private convo with them AND a Mod.
    4) No God Mode characters. They aren't fun to RP with, and make for dull stories
    5) Believable situations (e.g. 3 Beowolves are more than enough to overwhelm one student on their own. No character should be able to single-handedly take on a massive pack by themselves, especially if they are students)

Flexible Rules (as in, completely dependent on the thread itself)
    1) Grammar and Spelling. While it is preferred to have good grammar and a decent grasp of the English language, not everyone is capable of doing so.
    2) Gore/Violence/Sexual stuff. Completely dependent on the Story Master, or the general comfort level of the people your RPing with. (That said, Rape/Sexual Abuse will not be tolerated)

Thoughts? Anything you guys think need to be added?

JaYC3P0 likes this.
  2. Matthias

Matthias Active Member

Did you read my list of rules? This looks like a shortened version of it. Scroll through it and see if there's anything you want to add to your current list.

It looks good so far, though.

3. DevilMayCrye

Most of your rules were common sense stuff. Stuff I left out from your list would be Thread Specific Rules.

I also made this thread, so that people can discuss it, and whatnot

4. Sund Riddare

Sund Riddare Well-Known Member

Should there be a topic to keep track of accepted OC's? I would feel awful about interrupting the RP.

5. Matthias

Matthias Active Member

All accepted OCs were posted when I started my RP. You don't want to have a "universal" character because they may not fit into other RPs.

I could make a second Thread for characters accepted into my RP, but that would be pointless because I already have everyone's character sheet on Page 1.

If you want to join my RP, do it immediately. The storyline is still early enough for a new person. You will have missed the assembly, but it's still daytime. The next event is everyone going to sleep.

Go to my RP. Read ALL of the rules. Read any Story posts (there aren't many) because they have tips and details in them. There are Story and AllPlayer OOC messages on pages: 1, 2, 4, 7, and 11 (from me, obviously). They will fill you in on the current storyline. It is recommended that you read the most recent page or two to see what other people are doing. Then post your character sheet. I have no problem accepting you, but you must do it SOON, and you must follow the rules. Ask me questions in a Conversation if you need to. Now go!

My RP is now full and well on its way. I have seven players and am no longer accepting applications.

#5 Matthias, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

Maybe a general text format rule could be added? That way everyone could understand each other easier.

Something like
    normal text=descriptions/actions/etc
    Italics=thoughts(nobody hears)
    Bold=character speaking(anyone close hears)

7. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Well-Known Member

I like that idea except for the bold. That's what quotation marks are for, and bolded words are a pain to type on an iPhone (which is how I access the forums)

BforByzantine likes this.
  8. DevilMayCrye

I thought those the italics one was a common sense writing one......
    And, typically, quotation marks (") are how you show characters are talking.....

e.g. "What do you mean you don't use quotation marks to show dialogue?" DMC said confusedly, thinking all others knew the basics to writing in an RP.
    Maybe not many people read books, so they don't know these common sense things, DMC thought, knowing he wasn't exactly a good example of a 'typical person'.

The Juggernaut likes this.
  9. delfes

delfes Well-Known Member

I guess English and French literature are very different then, because out of 7 series of books, 7 of them did not use quotation marks when characters spoke normally, they only used them when the characters were actually quoting something.
    Italics I'll give you it though, most worked that way, I just never noticed it enough to note it was an actual rule when writing.

And what brought this idea at first was because I was a bit confused a few times from Matthias' posts, since he used both Italics and quotation marks at once. I'm never sure if he's talking or just thinking.

10. DevilMayCrye

I've never read French Literature, so I wouldn't know.

If they are both used at once, its typically only on a few words, to add emphasis to them.

e.g. "We're having spahgetti tonight?' DMC said disgustedly, thinking his roommate was insane, since it was well established that he couldn't stand it.