1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Big Bang

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & Events' started by KineticKaiser, Oct 28, 2016.

1. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Hello Huntsmen and Huntresses! Specifically those that find themselves with an artistic or literary inclination, actually. @Benzie found a post on Tumblr regarding a project called RWBY Big Bang, and no, it's not a collaborative Pollination project.

Essentially, this is a project meant to bring writers and artists together to provide more content for the ever-hungry RWBY community. Now you can certainly follow the previous link and find the post explaining the project but I will go ahead and post it word-for-word here:

RWBY Big Bang​

(Reposting this because of the premiere and because sign ups have extended!!!)

So currently I’m involved in a Big Bang for another fandom and it’s my first one that I’ve ever actively participated in, despite knowing what they were for awhile and watching other people do them. And I’ve so far enjoyed the experience and am very excited for the end result. Eventually I got to thinking that “Hey, in all the years that RWBY has been out, I don’t think anyone has organized a big bang for it.” As far as I’m aware, it never has been a thing (I’ve been here since the beginning and cannot once remember anyone even trying to start one).

So I figured that should change! I’ve seen some real talent in this fandom, but I know there’s quite a lot I haven’t seen as well. Plus, I think that doing this would be a nice RWBY community event for everyone to do with the oncoming premiere of Volume 4! And with the start of volume 4 comes more material to use for art and fics, so I figured that now was as good a time as any to start one up.

For those who don’t know what a Big Bang is, it’s basically when an author writes a fic and their assigned artist does some artwork for that fic, almost like a collab of sorts. Then, at the end of the Big Bang, everyone posts their fics/artwork at once, creating a mass output of fanwork (hence Big Bang!)

So here’s how this one is going to work:

Basic rules

• write for any ships/characters you want
    • illustrate for any ships/characters you want
    Basic schedule

• Sign-ups begin September 22
    • Author/Artist sign-ups end November 3
    • Artists are paired with Authors by November 27
    • Fics are due by February 10
    • Art is due by February 10
    • Posting begins February 15
    • Posting ends March 20
    • (Because of extended sign ups the rest of the schedule is subject to change)
    Sign-Ups

Other Links

If you have anymore comments, questions, or concerns, don’t hesitate to send us a message. I’ll be more than happy to help you out and answer anything you’re unsure about. Also, be sure to reblog this post so all your followers/mutuals can find out about us too.

The more people we have, the bigger a success and the more fun this will be!

X
    How exciting! Currently the sign-ups seem skewed in favor of writers so I heavily encourage our artistic Huntsmen and Huntresses to sign up and display your brilliant work for everyone to admire!

That's not to say I discourage writers, though. If you have a plot bunny jumping around your skull then this is your chance to set it free!

Benzie and AceofAces like this.
  2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

I really like this idea. And I like the built in check-ins, deadlines and such to monitor progress. It might actually make me more accountable and less likely to bail if there are other people involved in the process.

KineticKaiser likes this.
  3. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

Would totes do this, but, I quite tumblr a while back.

4. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

I'm not on Tumblr either, but that's not stopping me. I just indicated that I'd prefer to be contacted by email and gave my address.

Jaxrond likes this.
  5. Erevan

Erevan Well-Known Member

I can't really write fics or draw, but music is a form of art. Can I do that? o.o?

6. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

I'm afraid the rules only specify stories and art. You'll have to contact the project organizer to see if you could squeeze that in somewhere.

7. Imaginary Person

Imaginary Person Active Member

I can do things too. I can write, but I'm not interested in writing fanfic, but I can kind of do arts. I am an extremely slow drawer, but it does sound cool. I'm in. It's just a matter of if I remember or not.

8. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

If you can't guarantee your participation I wouldn't recommend signing up. You'll be leaving someone hanging if you decide to participate as an artist but don't deliver anything.

9. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Today is the last day to sign up for this. If you're a writer or artist and want to be apart of this large scale contribution to the RWBY Fandom, now's the time to jump on board.

10. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

Been paired with my writers as an artist. Super pumped!