1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Chibi [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by FanausKing, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

Either way, Neo's neo is the greatest thing I've seen

2. HiBob

HiBob Active Member

Man this episode was hard to sit through. I am used to chibi not being perfect but man that attempt at sitcom was bad. The worse joke for me was the gun show one, god that was an awkward attempt at meta humor about the ships. I hope if it does come back, chibi won't try to do that again.

3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

This is pretty much the big problem with all sitcom parodies, the jokes have to be forced and heavy handed, in order to spoof how sitcoms, have forced and heavy handed humor. But at the end of the day forced humour is still forced humour, even when it's done ironically.

Lets hope they don't try this joke again.

4. HiBob

HiBob Active Member

When parody try too hard that's when it becomes unfunny, this was the biggest issue overall with the episode. Had it just be for one skit then maybe it would had worked, but jeez did it feel tacked on.

5. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Finally watched Episode 23
    Ren's management of JNPR makes me feel so bad for them.

Also the Nora scene at the end just reminds me of this.

TheOmegaDynasty likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Im gonna miss Chibi..here's holding out til next summer.

7. Acno777

Acno777 New Member

As far as I am concerned, RWBY Chibi did its job on making the wait for RWBY volume 4 seem less longer. Some of the jokes were overplayed, but I had no particular expectations whatsoever anyway, so not much dissatisfaction on my part. Bottom line, I found it enjoyable.

At last, time for the main event next Saturday.

STRQWinter and Buck like this.
  8. Buck

Buck Member

Watched the latesy episode today. Not really much to say about it. I'm not easily bothered by over-exaggeration as long as the jokes are funny, but they weren't, so yeah.

I'm not sure if the studio setting is something specific to that episode, but if it isn't, that does clarify some things about the chibi-verse of RWBY, particularly concerning it's canonicity (is that a word) to the main series. Not that that was unclear to begin with, but at least now there is proof in-show.

9. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

In my opinion trying to parody a sitcom was a terrible idea. In my opinion they should of stuck with what they know and not base a whole episode on something when they had know idea how good it would be. I honestly would of prefer if the series ended on episode 23 as that was actually funny.