1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by AceofAces, Dec 25, 2014.

1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like they'll be OP from what I can tell (Weiss owns that title). More so that they'll play differently than RWBY does. They sound far more diverse and seem to have team based perks which is interesting.

2. BlakJakXXI

BlakJakXXI Well-Known Member

MechaG11 likes this.
  3. Neopolitan Bonaparte

Neopolitan Bonaparte Well-Known Member

The new song is epic.

4. MechaG11

Jesus Devs, it's been like two seconds and people are already complaining about how Horde doesn't have single player. I didn't think you could mess up that early.

KineticKaiser likes this.
  5. MechaG11

Horde Mode early first impressions after playing three games of it:
    -Right off the bat there's an image and text screen that tells you how the mode works.
    Great job devs! :)

-The turrets are actually a fine addition. Playing very well as support units that actually compliments your combat against enemies. I've had several times where a turret froze or hit-stunned enemies while I beat the sh*t out of them. Very welcome additions!

-When the big waves came in, my frames dropped like crazy. It's definitely the enemy count 'cause it started picking up once you drop a few baddies. If you have slow machine like mine, you'll face a few issues here. Good machines should have no problem.

-The map layout is great. It's a departure from the boring hallways of the campaign, and the map loops into itself sometimes depending on which stage.

-The gameplay feels weirdly similar to how the original GE version looks and feels as far as the layout is concerned. @BforByzantine this may be what you've finally been waiting for.

-Playing a few waves lead me to discover that the mode is really short (10 in total). Hopefully they'll expand it with more waves or an infinite mode later.

-This mode is really easy to lose if you don't know what you're doing. Since communication is limited you really need to assess what you're going to defend and whether you should abandon your station to help another ally. If you play your cards right, you can make it work.

JNPR DLC Impressions from seeing other players:
    -Jaune was amazing in Horde. His team damage boost is so helpful that it practically helped win our game.

-Pyrrha looks like she kicks so much ass.

-All of JNPR have pretty cool action voice effects. Especially Jaune.
    They all grunt when they jump which just makes it jarring when none of team RWBY does in-game.

#585 MechaG11, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    BforByzantine likes this.
  6. Demetrion

Demetrion Member

Well, on a scale from "one" to "OP af" team JNPR hits solid four. Good enough for me, no complaints here. Jaune is surprisingly okay. Horde mode seems good as well, at least the first impressions. Also, I vote for renaming it to "tower defense - special RWBY edition". But "Horde mode" sounds more catchy, no arguments here. Also, I've seen post here about cutting price of the game. If this is true, that's great, because price of the game was the reason of many complaints among community.
    But there is something, that I was saving for dessert. Localization. I'm Russian, so naturally I've checked Russian version of the game first of all. And let me tell you... They f-ed up, at least with this localization. As in "used literal Google translate" f-ed up. Seriously, remember this copyright line on main menu screen? Yep, they translated it with Google translate. I've checked. The result is funny sequence of words. If we translate it back to English we'll have this: "Rooster. Red, White, Black, Yellow. LLC.". Sounds like some code. I mean, yeah, that's more or less accurate, but such direct translation isn't appropriate in this case. And I'm so used to see name "RWBY", so when I saw it butchered into four words I had to double-take it. In-game translation is somewhat better than this shame, but that's not exactly an achievement. So I changed settings back to English in about 10 minutes.
    P.S. I wasn't able to access rwbyforums for the entire week-end. But now I'm finally here and able to share my oh-so-important opinion with you. Well, mostly with MechaG11, his messages make at least half of this tread, but anyway.

MechaG11 likes this.
  7. MechaG11

So like you guys should totally vote here in the Steam comments. It's a prominent and popular thread that's been getting a bit of attention. Vote for what you think should be the next team added to the game and what you think the next feature they should work on should be. I voted for SSSN and updating team RWBY to be as dope as JNPR.
    @KineticKaiser
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/418340/discussions/0/341537671992494197/

8. Demetrion

Demetrion Member

After watching V4 premiere, my new demand is: "Give me the same smooth framerate on the higher waves of Horde mode as in new Volume!". Seriously, these fps drops in the beginning of wave 6-7 and higher are terrible. And that's definitely problem of the game and not my PC. And I know at least 3 other players who experienced same problem. Optimization was always a week spot for GE, though. Let's just hope they'll do smth about it.

MechaG11 likes this.
  9. ThoughtInsanity

ThoughtInsanity Well-Known Member

A friend of mine DC'd halfway because of that wave with the shitton of Beowolves.

Needless to say we kinda got overwhelmed.

10. Demetrion

Demetrion Member

Yes, it's really frustrating. The same problem is with Eclipse difficulty. But in singleplayer you at least can run&dodge like a lunatic until all enemies finish their spawning and fps will came back to nominal. On the Horde though it isn't an option. Honestly, I'm more or less okay with all game's flaws, or at least able to "meh, whatever" with them. But bad optimization is just freaking me out. There was similar problem back in December 2015, shortly after start of the Steam early access, but they managed to release a patch that fixed that problem for the time being. Which means such optimization is possible. So they better to solve ths problem. If hardware is up to Recomended requirements, then the game should run at least on tolerable level. Theoretically...