1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY in Theaters

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by AceofAces, Mar 16, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Yes, you read that right.

Rooster Teeth is partnering with Tugg once again to bring RWBY to the big screen in a theater near you!

Like they did with Lazer Team a few months ago, you will have the ability to see RWBY Volume I, in its entirety, in your local movie theater (and they're planning on doing this for Volumes II and III over the summer leading up to the Volume IV premiere). All you have to do is go to http://teamrwby.com and either purchase a ticket for a show playing near you, or organize your own if someone hasn't done it already. More information can be found on the website, or this handy little announcement video where Barbara and Kerry talk about exclusive perks for those who see the movie:

GO!! BUY TICKETS NOW!!

KineticKaiser likes this.
  2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

(snide comment here)

I mean, um. Yeah, (false praise here), I have always (activity here) because (false reasons here)! Yay!

Sorry, wasn't in the mood to fill out the form.

I don't think it's going to even show in a theater near me, and what incentive do we have to watch it when it's free on the internet and you can just screen capture the episodes and then splice them together?

Paenitentia likes this.
  3. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

You better check your attitude, asshole.

4. The Supreme One

My point about incentive still stands. It's free on the internet.

5. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Then just say that instead of being a dick about it (even though you didn't raise this argument in your first post. Maybe you should have filed out your dickish form).

Personally, there is a qualitative difference between seeing something on a computer screen, and seeing it in a movie theater where the picture and sound quality are enough to justify the price of admission in my opinion. Plus, it's a good excuse to get out of your rooms and out from behind your computer screens to meet other RWBY fans. I did that when Lazer Team was shown, and it was a great experience within my local community. Some people may think differently, and are certainly not obligated to pay to see RWBY since it is free on the internet, but I think RWBY is such a good show to warrant showing my financial support in this way. Same with buying DVDs/Blu-Rays.

How people spend their money is their business, but we as a forum would be remiss if we didn't at least make this announcement so that people can decide on whether to do this or not.

Horkerkiin likes this.
  6. The Supreme One

What? Yes I did say that.
    If I had money, I'd give it financial support, but I don't know about the theater. RWBY was mixed for computers, so it's going to sound weird and have a monitor-adjusted gamut unless they remastered it in some way. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it still only in two channels (sound), even on DVD?

7. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I don't want to come off as being a dick about it but I think Volume 1 would look dog ugly on the big screen, I'm not even sure that Volume 3 would hold up on the movie screen.

Paenitentia and The Supreme One like this.
  8. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

You edited your post after the fact. I can see the history and every revision you did, even in spite of the fact that you tried to edit it silently to avoid looking foolish.

And I would assume they would be adjusting the sound for movie theaters. They wouldn't be so lazy to just slap it on a projector without making sure that it's optimized for the theater. Though I can't confirm the sound on DVD because I don't have them yet. I'm getting them soon.

9. Horkerkiin

Horkerkiin Well-Known Member

Ive reserved a ticket in my nearest theater, its about an hour away but I dont care. £12.10 it cost me but honestly? I love this show, despite any of the issues it might have, so its going to be amazing to get the chance to see it on the big screen and meet other RWBY fans in person.

EDIT: Turns out I was actually the first one to reserve one in my theater

10. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Probably because it just went live minutes ago