1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY in Theaters

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by AceofAces, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Erevan

Erevan Well-Known Member

Just came back from the theater experience, and gotta agree with Ace, it's really nice to see other RWBY fans irl. I even got to see a couple cosplayers and took some pictures. The entire volume itself felt very much the same aside from slight changes to the sounds. Or maybe it was the movie theater speakers that made it sound different. Either way, It was fun experience, and I couldn't help but burst into laughter when Pyrrha appeared on screen for the first time and someone said: "Oh look! She's alive!" Oh the poor delusional fanboy. xD

Jaxrond and STRQWinter like this.
  2. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

I had a less than stellar time unfortunately. I did talk with some cool people and made a new friend. But this audience was hands down the worst audience I've ever been in. It was almost non-stop commentary from others.

Would I do it again? Maybe.

The RWBY Chibi teaser was worth it, though. It swayed me into actually looking forward to it.

MechaG11 likes this.
  3. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Yeah, the audience in my screening was a bit talkative too, but I guess that didn't bother me as much. It might be because I already knew what the characters were going to say and do, so I didn't feel overly distracted by people quoting their favorite lines as the characters were saying them while also sprinkling in a quip or two. It was like watching RWBY at home on the couch with friends, and you're joking around. But if the commentary was non-stop, I could see it being annoying.

4. SeaOfHope

SeaOfHope Well-Known Member

You guys are making me envious, I wish I had a screening near me so I could watch it.

5. Androcles

Androcles New Member

The showing I attended was pretty good in that respect. I didn’t notice any commentary as such, just laughs and applause in all the right places, plus a collective little whimper when Pyrrha first appeared on screen.

Oh, and one very loud sniff when Penny was told ‘Your day will come.’

No it won’t, Penny. It really won’t.

6. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Want to see RWBY Volume II in a theater near you on July 27th? Go to TeamRWBY.com now to order tickets for a screening near you. If there isn't one, you can organize it yourself for your community.

I personally enjoyed seeing Volume I in theaters, and I plan on going again this time too.

7. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

Really sucks Clarksville doesn't have this, hopefully Nashville got some theaters.

8. TheCloverLord

TheCloverLord Active Member

Is it in Straya, though?

9. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

See for yourself

10. TheCloverLord

TheCloverLord Active Member

RWBY Volume 2 in Australia screens on the very day I go back to school after my holidays. God-dammit.