1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Manga

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by Ember, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Scalor

Scalor Active Member

Since the show was released in Japan

2. Trump54

Trump54 New Member

so it looks like it will be a monthly 1 every 3rd week of the month

3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

Chapter two. http://bato.to/reader#38b0946ff2665969_1

So it seems this takes place in between the first few episodes and the school based storylines of V1. Actually sheds a fair amount of light on Ruby's character.

It seems that Ruby was actually afraid of Cardin until she beat his ass in a mock battle.

She was also scared of crowds and overcame it during the same mock battle.

Nice to see it explained why Ruby wears her cape over her uniform and even hints a bit more at Ruby's motivations for being a huntress.

It was also cool to see Yang's Burning The Candle flashback from Ruby's perspective.

Yay Roman at the end.

Much better than last chapter in my opinion.

#43 Cybuster, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. Eurowatch

Eurowatch Well-Known Member

-You were doing so good with the exposition, why did you decide to chance it to Ozpin explaining Glynda something she should already know?
    -The action scene was not terrible but still not Monty level.
    -Did the artist just decide to try out a new styles for the eyes for most of the chapter?
    -Pyrrha! Shouldn't she be helping Jaune instead of getting a cameo?
    -Seems Roman is ready to stir up some trouble and actually get a plot going.
    -Probably an issue with the translators but they really should learn the value of periods. And I spotted some grammar mistakes.

5. Cybuster

I don't think it's possible to convey Monty style fight scenes in a comic format.

Anyway next chapter is going to be about Weiss's past according to the last page of this one.

SeaOfHope and The Supreme One like this.
  6. Eurowatch

No, I suppose not. I still think that the action could have been better tough.

Great, then we will get the White trailer and more exposition. Also, am I the only one who is getting the vibe that the fast pacing is because the manga is trying to catch up to the anime?

7. Cybuster

I don't think the manga is trying to catch up with anything. It seems to be more a piece of expanded universe material that happens around events of the main series.

Judging by the formula set up here each of the four main girls will get a chapter the involves the events of their trailer that then transitions into a story focusing on her during the present and then the follow up chapter concluding that story. Perhaps that's all the manga will be or perhaps it will continue after that.

Either way I don't mind the idea of actually getting context for the White Trailer or side stories that take place in between events of the series.

8. Eurowatch

I just got that impression due to the quick pacing.

If Warner Bros is following standard anime procedure, then the dub will act as advertisement for the manga and the merchandise so the manga will probably continue for a while.

9. Cybuster

Well maybe there will be some RWBY SH Figuarts. I mean the manga is in a jump magazine and I think Jump has ties to Bandai.

Anyway the manga doesn't have much catching up to do since it's starting point takes place halfway through volume 1. SO unless V2 and V3 get super fast releases I don't think it will be a problem.

10. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

So... the way they resolve student issues in Beacon is by having them fight in front of crowds? That whole fight that started Jaunedice Part 1 was just because Jauen and Cardin had a dispute then? What the hell is with Beacon?