1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Manga

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by Ember, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I think Glynda realized that Ruby is the kind of person who would let Cardin bully her, and that she finds being the centre of attention very stressful. So she put her in a situation that essentially forced her to stand up to Cardin and forced her to confront her shyness issues killing two birds with one stone.

2. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Different culture. These are essentially child soldiers trained to defend civilization. And with the powers they have essentially equalizing those who are physically weaker I assume that they're generally quicker to jump to physical violence to resolve disputes. Doing this in an easily controlled environment gives them an outlet they would seek out anyway. It also normalizes it so that when they graduate they make conflict resolution more of an official thing rather than just starting brawls in the streets.

3. fluffyfoxchan

fluffyfoxchan Member

I heard that the manga is going to have an alternate history... this very much interest me...

4. Cybuster

So chapter three is out.

It's nice to see a little bit of Weiss's childhood.

Papa Schnee's secretary is one slimy motherfucker.

The knight is some kind of weird Grimm possessing a suit of armor. I don't know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The Knight was sicked on Weiss during a training exercise in an attempt to put her in her place.

Overall I liked this chapter. It did a decent job of showing the oppressive atmosphere that Weiss was trying to escape. Just wished the Knight thing wasn't so nonsesicle.

5. SeaOfHope

SeaOfHope Well-Known Member

I think less with alternate history and more with expanding on the premise that we are already given.

Anyways, I really liked the chapter. Nice to finally understand the oppressive atmosphere that Weiss was growing up in and clearly illustrates why both Weiss and Winter do not like their father. It's not hard to see how he can be a corrupt, capitalistic asshole.

6. josrenato132

josrenato132 New Member

is it oficial?

7. Chellote

Chellote Active Member

According to Kerry on the marathon stream today "the manga is considered canon until it is not or it contradicts the main story".

MechaG11 likes this.
  8. Cybuster

Was there anything else interesting said in the stream (in general rather than just regarding the manga)? I didn't bother watching it.

9. Chellote

Chellote Active Member

Miles, Gray, and Kerry all went out of the way to confirm that Roman is dead. Apart from that, the rest was pretty amusing banter among the cast and entire CRWBY that were able to make it to the stream.

10. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

Cybuster and BlakJakXXI like this.