1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Manga

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by Ember, Oct 17, 2015.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

It's stuff like this that leads me to adopt the mindset that almost nothing in the RWBY manga should be treated as word of God when they can't even describe a core protagonist accurately.

2. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I don't see a problem with it. Maybe worded a bit weird but it makes enough sense to me.

It simply means that she's the type of fighter that relies on physical prowess as opposed to dust-based weapons (RWBY's equivalent to RPG magic type abilities/fighting styles). This definitely rings true throughout all of her fights in the show as she only once uses Dust abilities in the Vol 2 final fight with Roman. Every other time she mainly uses physical fighting techniques.

I wouldn't put fault on Manga writers considering RWBY has been very vague about it's lore and world elements. Something like Dust can easily be interpreted as magic by people who didn't see the one time it was stated at a panel that RWBY "doesn't have" magic-magic. Plus Superhuman being a term for describing Blake doesn't really bother me because all of them are basically superhuman.

#82 MechaG11, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Alice the Blue King and Ren130 like this.
  3. BlakJakXXI

BlakJakXXI Well-Known Member

#83 BlakJakXXI, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Terra125

Terra125 Member

Shame the manga is dead now -_-

5. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

6. Terra125

Terra125 Member

That's the exact reason it's dead. Cause of an official manga. The same way the Japanese fan dubbed RWBY was canceled because of the official one by WB Japan.

7. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

They're both official.