1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Pathfinder + D&D Group

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by BforByzantine, Nov 4, 2014.

1. BforByzantine

BforByzantine Well-Known Member

This thread is for the discussion of a possible Pathfinder campaign involving some members of the RWBY forums if they so wish. Such a campaign will not be text based like other RP's on this site but rather take place in 'sessions' in Skype group calls (things such as the ability to share someone's screen makes things more flexible and henceforth more convenient)
    This is all open to discussion, if you have any idea's or wish to ask for the GM position (previous experience would be appreciated) please say so, an idea is of little worth without feedback.

As of right now the creation of character sheets would preferably be done in a skype call with the GM to avoid god modding, the character sheets can be physical or electronic.

Thoughts?
    Honestly it seems like a big jump but it seems like it could be a good idea and its not the first time someone has done it (eg 'Role Play' Youtube series)

2. Popcornguy13

Popcornguy13 Well-Known Member

Sounds fun. I'm willing to play bard.

3. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

How exactly would this work?

4. BforByzantine

Kind of like how the 'Role Play:____' series does it, we would have it organised into sessions where participants would get into a Skype group chat, the GM would have pictures of or copies of each person's character sheets (Depending on if the person made a physical or electrical character sheet) and the session would play out as any normal D&D/Pathfinder game

5. GodofGamingRWBY

GodofGamingRWBY Well-Known Member

oooooh Role Play on skype, sounds interesting :)

6. Jaxrond

Jaxrond Well-Known Member

Depending on times and stuff, I might be able to do this

7. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

If we get on a regular schedule that I can work with, I might be interested (even though I don't have a skype account XD). I have no experience with this kind of stuff though so I'm a little hesitant, especially with how busy I've been lately. I'm really on the fence about this since I'm not sure of how much of a commitment I can feasibly do, but if the timing works, I'd possibly like to try.

8. GodofGamingRWBY

GodofGamingRWBY Well-Known Member

I've just made an account, and I would agree to it as well based on times

9. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Same here.

10. BforByzantine

This looks good
    I think maybe knowing what times we are free would help for setting up session times as well as times to set up character sheets
    Please also note i'm still trying to figure out how to organize something like this over the web so its not all going to happen immediately