1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Remixes and Original Performances

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by Mdbeebe123, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Mdbeebe123

Mdbeebe123 New Member

This is my first time making a thread, but I noticed that there wasn't really a thread for fan-made music. (at least not that I saw) I would like to see everyone else's remixes and covers and maybe even show my own. :) To start things off, here is an 8-bit inspired rendition of 'Red Like Roses". (I know it's already been done to death, but I had to give it a shot. I can't wait to see everyone else's creations.

BF110C4 and KineticKaiser like this.
  2. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

I don't know why I've never thought to search for 8-bit renditions of RWBY songs, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. This was done really well. I can feel my craving for a RWBY game growing as I listen to it.

Mdbeebe123 likes this.
  3. MajorMajora

MajorMajora New Member

https://soundcloud.com/fictionfantasia/red-like-roses-remix-wip

I just started it today, give or take 2 hours ago. I haven't done too much work, but I have a sort of prototype of the intro at the very least for anyone who's curious. I expect to get the whole thing done around january, partially due to school, me working on other musical projects involving rwby (which I also want to get done early 2015), and a lack of high quality synths (I'm using a free in browser composition software called noteflight). I'm hoping to get a good one for christmas.

Just a warning, this is a sound cloud and it'll probably immediately redirect you to another one of my songs once this one is done. All I have is a bunch of semi-shoddy songs I spent about an hour on each for some school projects, so that's what they are in case you're curious.

I intended for this remix to be more upbeat than the original. It'll transition into a variation on the red like roses-white is cold-black the beast-yellow beauty, with some differences in the rhythm and some extra lyrics to make black and yellow as long as red and white (I still need help with lyrics). It'll then transition into the beginning again, but with lyrics.

I originally intended it to be more metal, but noteflight doesn't give you many synths to work with. *Shrug*.

I'll keep this thread updated whenever I make significant progress in this son or any of the other rwby-related projects I'm working on.

BF110C4 likes this.
  4. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Have you tried Musescore? I'm not sure which one you would prefer.

EDIT: Also, there is a Thread for the Musically Inclined on Page 2 of the Chit Chat page I think.

#4 ztan, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. MajorMajora

MajorMajora New Member

Thanks, I'll post it there!

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if this is okay. I mean, it is a fan work, so wouldn't it belong in here? could a mod help me with this?

6. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Since it is original content that is RWBY related, it would belong here in the RWBY Fandom, so this thread can stay. Until now, we really didn't have a thread for original performances of RWBY music. I just renamed this thread so that anyone can post their own remixes or their own original performances of RWBY songs, rather than having this thread be about just your project.

MajorMajora likes this.
  7. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Wait, can I do covers of RWBY songs? Hehehe, idk if I will or not, but it's definitely something I could work on after my piano exam and school exams are finished XD. I'm thinking that it'll be really hard to write/find a backing track, though, so it'll be hard for me to do a cover that doesn't include lots of piano in the accompaniment (it's the only instrument I can play well).

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

That's specifically why I included original performances, so that people can do covers of RWBY songs.

MajorMajora and ztan like this.
  9. ztan

ztan Well-Known Member

Awesome :D

10. Aznpride1207

Aznpride1207 Well-Known Member