1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Soundtrack [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 4, 2014.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

(Kinda surprised this isn't here already, but oh well).

With the Volume II Soundtrack dropping today, it's time we had a proper discussion thread for both Volume I and Volume II Soundtracks to discuss not only our favorite songs, but also the possible meanings for the lyrics of each song.

Have at it!

2. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Immediate Reaction: HOLY CRAP!!! VOLUME II SOUNDTRACK IS AWESOME!!!

I know we got a small snippet of Shine during the actual show, but the full version is amazing! Perfectly blending so many sounds and styles. Of course, we knew Die and Time to Say Goodbye were epic as soon as we heard them, but Dream Come True was awesome too. Dem Horns!! Oh, and the acoustic version of This Will Be The Day just melts my heart! It's so hauntingly beautiful that I seriously want sheet music for that rendition and teach myself that.

Sorry. I'm gushing. XD

sfgiantsfanmike and MechaG11 like this.
  3. Pharaoh Shadon

Pharaoh Shadon Well-Known Member

Can't wait to listen to all of it tomorrow (And hopefully find lyrics, the last 2/3rds of "die" is kinda hard to understand. Either that or I'm just THAT tired) Although on die at 2:20, that tone is familiar, especially with the trumpet, it reminds me of the RVB jeff william song Fragments.

Time to say goodbye-
    Yeeeaaaahhhh... Makes me miss my childhood already DX

Die
    But I think that die might be my favorite of the songs. Yeah I haven't quite listened to all of them yet, but with lyrics like
    1. "The machines of war will fuel both sides and the greed will only feed more lies"
    2. "The moon watched safely from above" (I don't know why I like that part so much)
    3. "Where did it go, our peaceful youth seems to be gone forever. And in its place a life of war"
    4. "Not every hearts filled with love for mankind. Look around it's getting very hard to find" (Probably by far my favorite lyric part of all time)

It might be just how realistic the song is. 1 happens, the moon kinda is watching from above (Not literally of course... I don't think so anyway) with 3, I kinda wish I never went into adult things/world news. Very depressing.
    And 4. This is sadly, very true. Love for mankind is becoming rather hard to find, and each day it's becoming more and more true. People who loved humanity once upon a time are seeing the human race as a bunch of scumbags (Which I can't argue against) Really the only people I find that actually like humans are people that are quite isolated, or clinging on to a few positive qualities.

ANYWAY Shine was quite nice too, or at the very least interesting. Not quite sure if it's my kind of style or not, gotta listen to it till I'm tired of it to find out DX Perhaps I could use that little ray of light though... OR that's just 3AM me talking o.o

CFVY
    I actually started smelling coffee while listening to this DX (Around the 1:40 mark)
    Not quite sure what to think of this one. But I will give them props for making a song like this, it may not be my favorite, but it is pretty energetic...
    Almost like a caffeine rush. YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

And those are the only ones I've fully listened to so far. All of them are pretty cool (Too bad I wont be able to afford the soundtrack as the rest of my money is going towards volume 2 blu ray... Hopefully I'll have enough to get Die though, I really want that one)

4. BlakeBellaAwesome

BlakeBellaAwesome Well-Known Member

Love the Weiss soundbite in Dreams Come True

WillVintage and AceofAces like this.
  5. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

So I love the Volume 2 soundtrack. Boop is an instant hit amongst everyone here, and finally hearing the entirety of All Our Days brings some interesting clarification for who the song is about (I almost cried 3 times re-listening to this song).

One thing I have some issues with is Lamar Hall's rapping.
    I'm all for his inclusion because he's done good work before but as of late his lyrics are lacking.
    Which becomes glaringly obvious next to Jeff's lyrics. Maybe Jeff should just write lyrics for him...

On a side Boop, I can imagine Taylor Swift or Paramore making a cover for Boop.

6. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Addendum to my initial fanboying: Boop was also really, really good. I can't NOT smile when I listen to it, and it makes me rethink ReNora quite a bit. I had been under the impression that Ren was too nervous to jeopardize his friendship with Nora by taking things to the next level despite her dropping subtle hints like saying he's handsome and all that. But then I hear this and I actually am starting to think that Nora is the nervous one, and Ren is just clueless (which actually makes sense when we've actually heard him talk more than 2 words). So instead of saying I love you to Ren like she really wants to, she says Boop. :D

I really want to try and get my hands on a complete set of lyrics for each song and do an in depth analysis of every song for Volume II, though it may take a little time since it just dropped yesterday.

MechaG11 likes this.
  7. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Yeah, I thought Lamar Hill was a little lackluster too.

8. MechaG11

So it's weird because i've always kind of related to Ren in a way.
    It's a pattern i've noticed amongst my friends but in our clique each of us guys (all happened to be asian) had one hyperactive friend who also happened to be a girl. (It was weird because there just a happened to be a partner matched with each of us over time)

I don't know how many of those girls actually liked us, but the way Ren reacts (surprised and confused) is often how we reacted to each girl's shenanigans.

Same here.
    I would definitely like to break down some of these lyrics.

9. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

What do you think All Our Days is about?

10. MechaG11

All Our Days seems to hold some sort of familial significance.
    Hinted in the lyrics you can draw the connections:
    -"Long ago before we met, I dreamed about you." (Possible allusion to wanting a daughter)
    -"Then one day, you arrived. I heard your angel cry. Helpless, small, and perfect. Welcome to your life." (If this isn't obviously alluding to childbirth then I don't know what is)
    -"Years of joy have passed since then, in time i've watched you grow" (The child growing up)
    -"And though I miss the little girl" (Pointing out that the child is a girl is important, but at the same time hardly specific when considering the amount of girls in the show)
    -"Don't ever doubt, I'm always here and you'll know" (This is where it starts getting specific, i'll explain in detail below)

The most probable conclusion is that this is from Summer Rose's perspective talking about Ruby.
    Sure having a daughter on its own doesn't narrow the specific character that much, but it was the last line before the final repetition of the chorus that caught my eye.
    "I'm always here and you'll know?" Only one character has been hinted to have made that promise before: Summer Rose (As alluded to in Red Like Roses Part 2: "How could you leave me when you swore that you would stay?")

This coupled with the fact that Summer has been the most significant mother figure (significant in the sense that she's known to be a great mom) in the show strongly makes me believe it's her.

DoubleA28 likes this.