1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Volume 2 Intro now on Crunchyroll!

Discussion in 'RWBY News' started by Ember, May 22, 2014.

1. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

2. Thehappyvampire

Thehappyvampire Active Member

This intro shows us the enemies team RWBY and JNPR will be facing. I think it hints that Blake wants a rematch against Roman. What do you think?

#2 Thehappyvampire, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Or at least that they are each others nemesis.
    I'm ok with this. Blake is my favorite protagonist, and Roman is my favorite villain. XD

4. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

I think it was more hinting at who's who's rival. Yang fights Mercury because fists versus feet, Weiss fights Emerald because reasons, Blake fights Roman because he's leading the White Fang or something, and Ruby fights Cinder because main protagonist versus main antagonist.

Also, JNPR*

Sigma likes this.
  5. LaserPigeon

LaserPigeon Well-Known Member

I think these main villains will serve as darker foils to team RWBY, with differing (yet still somewhat similar) personalities.

- Cinder might have a determination similar to Ruby's, but but her dark, secretive nature would contrast heavily with Ruby's wide-eyed innocence.

- Mercury might possess Yang's headstrong stubbornness, but might be more reserved/controlled, and again, quite a bit darker in nature.

- In a contrast to Weiss' entitled, somewhat uppity nature, Emerald might be more of a "you work to get what you deserve" type of person. They would both have an initial sort of coldness to them.

- We've seen that both Blake and Roman have a sort of snarky-ness to them, but Roman is more mean-spirited and manipulative. His interference with the White Fang would certainly add another layer of contrast between the pair.

DevilMayCrye, KineticKaiser and Ember like this.
  6. Sigma

Sigma Active Member

I'm guessing Weiss fights Emerald for complimentary reasons. Perhaps they are similar in personality or fighting style just like Yang and Mercury.

Either way I'm psyched to see Emerald in action. Out of Mercury and Cinder, she's the most aesthetically pleasing, and she somewhat resembles Fuwhom may I add is awesome!!!

7. Swiftclaw23

Swiftclaw23 Active Member

I'm psyched about this. The trailer was clean, it looked much more...refined. The animation was smoother, the environment looked like it had more depth, and the unique particle effects were great. This got my RWBY hype going again.

EDIT: Also, I love the song. XD Already downloaded it.

TheDrifter777 likes this.
  8. deltanine

deltanine Active Member

Looks like JNPR is fighting CRDL. Maybe Nora will succeed in breaking Cardin's legs after all.

Though, I'll admit, I already miss "This Will Be The Day."

9. TheDrifter777

TheDrifter777 New Member

As much as i miss the music to the original, i DEFINITELY like the improvement on the video portion of the S2 opening.

I'm curious to see how the series develops in its story as a whole. Oftentimes one of the most impressive plot twists is when you find out the villains are not really villains at all. Hero VS Hero is usually a popular way to stir up the audience, as people will go back and forth over who they like better. Everyone wants to see the good guys save the day, but every so often, when the villains are likeable enough, you want to see them succeed. I see this as being plausible for characters like Roman.

Come to think of it, Blake is, in herself, a good example of this. Ex-villain gone hero anyone?