1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Salem

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by KineticKaiser, Feb 15, 2016.

1. FanausKing

FanausKing Well-Known Member

Salem is already perfect. She doesnt need to do back flips to a mere mortal.
    As for the moon, I think you need to re watch vol.3 finale.

2. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

How did you both read his question wrong?

Yes, I did think she was on the moon at first.

3. TheOmegaDynasty

TheOmegaDynasty Well-Known Member

I didn't read the question wrong. I answered that Salem, in my opinion, is not on the moon meaning that I never believed she was there in the first place. Why would I believe she's was on the moon?

4. Anubis

Anubis Member

While Having Summer be Salem would be interesting and make sense, I think she has been around a lot longer given that she sounded so ancient in the various narrations she did. I can see her being behind Summer's Death/Disappearance though I am curious if Summer got ambushed or Ozpin sent her into a situation that ended badly- I also wonder how much Qrow knows about that

I am also curious on how many people know of Salem's existence; while Ozpin is a given, does Qrow know as well?

I don't think Salem is as powerful as people think- though that could change. While having minions going around doing your dirty work is the standard for Big Bads, I get the impression that Salem is currently restricted on what she can do because Ozpin has been keeping her in check for so long. Thus she sent Cinder in to weaken her enemies, create fear and mistrust, and other things to build up her power so that she can be more active

5. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I think Qrow knows about Salem based on two of his lines in dialogue:
    V1 end (text) "Queen has pawns."
    and
    V3 "I've seen the things she's made out there and let me tell you: they are fear."

6. Terra125

Terra125 Member

Damn I was just about to point that out lol. I bet a lot of us thought he was talking about Cinder but once this bad chick was revealed it became immediately clear Cinder was just another gear turning in a mechanism of evil.

7. Anubis

Anubis Member

After watching this episode, I wonder if Salem is on a personal goal of revenge- possibly against the Dark God that created her. If she was around as well as the result of the creation of the Grimm, maybe she is not too happy of being tossed aside in favor of Humanity; thus why she is after the Artifacts and has recruited all those who have a slight beef with the current world.

8. heavysupportgunsmith

heavysupportgunsmith Well-Known Member

She cant because she isnt powerfull enough
    she may have demigod level powers but there is no way she would be powerfull enough to defeat a god

More so she could be first creation of god of darkness and thus her child

9. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

We don't know anything about Salem, so I don't know how we can even say she is a demigod. Yeah, she's clearly not a normal person, but there's no evidence to suggest she's a demigod, nor do we have any idea as to her abilities. For all we know, Salem could just have a skin condition and that's why she looks the way she does. All we do know is that she's the one calling all the shots, and has extensive knowledge on all of these things that have been forgotten or written off by society as fairy tales and legends.

10. Anubis

Anubis Member

What I mean by revenge is not going after the Dark God that created the Grimm (and possibly her) but his joint creation of humanity. I can buy the argument that she really isn't all that powerful since we really haven't seen what she can do and believe that she is trying to get the artifacts so that she can accomplish her goal of eradication. Thus I believe that Salem's goal is motivated by jealously of being tossed aside