1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Semblances [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by The Juggernaut, Dec 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

While it is possible to blow someone head of with sound it needs to be extremely loud to kill something as big as a Grimm and if he could do that than his head would explode before any Grimm bigger than him died.

#441 Mudkip, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I mean we've already seen him use elements to his advantage in the tourney fight (he used the fire and directed it at Weiss). He could use dust just as easily.

3. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

FYI, Flynt's trumpet uses Wind Dust.

In all honesty, I feel like this Flynt-centric discussion should be moved to Flynt's character thread since this seems to be more about him generally than about his semblance specifically.

4. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

I h
    I had no idea he had his own thread. Also originally it was about his semblance but the subject has changed.

5. MechaG11

I mean you questioned why his particular semblance would work better with others because his weapon was not as useful with it. That's already two points about/against Flynt

6. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if there are none combat related semblances? Sort of like how some Stand Powers in JoJo aren't combat based.

7. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Well, not all semblances are exclusive to combat scenarios. Ruby's speed and Pyrrha's polarity certainly aren't limited to usage in combat. Now if you're asking about Semblances that have zero utility in combat situations, then that's another question entirely.

8. Cybuster

I was thinking along the lines of a semblances that primarily functioned in a non combat role.

9. MechaG11

The prominent theory is that semblances are designed to protect the user against Grimm. Hence why they function so well against monsters and combat situations.

From an evolutionary standpoint it makes sense.

AceofAces likes this.
  10. Cybuster

Fair enough. Anyway continuing with the JoJo comparison, do you think there could be semblances with weirdly specific abilities, akin to the ones scene in JoJo or do you think they will stick to the kind of relatively simplistic powers that have been shown so far?