1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Rose

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by RF_Redfox, Mar 19, 2014.

1. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

[​IMG]
    This great Huntress was Ruby's late mother.

The name on the stone in the "Red" trailer.

[​IMG]

#1 RF_Redfox, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  2. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

There is a lot of speculation on who Summer Rose is. I would love to hear your opinions.

3. WatersKnight

WatersKnight New Member

Dangit, somebody beat me to making the thread.

My interest in Summer Rose has grown quite a bit, probably because I saw a bunch of headcanons for her then started to make my own. ._.
    But yeah, I feel like Red Like Roses Part II confirmed Summer is indeed Ruby's mother, and she died trying to protect someone else ("You're not the only one that needed me, I thought you understood."), or she died trying to complete some unforeseen goal we don't know about yet.

4. shikshiinjr

shikshiinjr Well-Known Member

Well, obviously, she was part of Ruby's family or related to Ruby in some form of relationship. She could be Ruby's sister or mother. She could also be the person Ruby looked up to, enough to take on her name. Thus changing her name from Ruby Xiao Long to Ruby Rose. This can also explain Monty's subtlety over Yang and Ruby's sibling relationship.

#4 shikshiinjr, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Image added to the original post.

6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure that RLR2 confirms that Summer Rose is Ruby's mother. Yes, it speaks about who is presumed to be Ruby talking in anguish to who is presumed to be Summer Rose, but can really assume that just based on what they're saying? Especially since what we've seen so far in the show hasn't shown Ruby to be a desperate, sorrowful girl like the one that's singing in RLR2.

7. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

In Red Like Roses part one it says, "...and brings me to the place you rest." This may be Ruby talking about going to her mother's grave. Also, in the intro of each episode there is the white hood. I think that Summer Rose is Ruby's deceased mother. But i may be wrong

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

This is the common theory among most people that have watched RWBY. I'm honestly surprised that this thread didn't exist before hand. There's been a lot of discussion on Summer Rose in the Theories thread in the General Discussion section as well as a number of different theory focused threads in that section.

It might take a while, but it might be worthwhile to summarize the theories about Summer Rose in those threads here, or just quote them here for a consolidated thread focused on Summer.

9. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

I know I was surprised too, which is why i made this thread.

10. WatersKnight

WatersKnight New Member

I kinda got 'motherly' vibes off of Summer's part in RLR part 2. The way she was wording things, not wanting Ruby to waste her life in vain... Idk.
    Also I suspect the song Gold is Yang's response to RLR2. For all we know RLR2 was something from the past, and Ruby has moved on through help from Yang.