1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

The Composition of Team RNJR

Discussion in 'RWBY General Discussions' started by ExiledMarble, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ExiledMarble

ExiledMarble New Member

...i.e how you think Team RNJR works as an actual team. In the previous groups, there were clear leaders and people playing traditional roles. For example (and for ease, I'll use Tropes to describe their role):

RWBY:
    Ruby - The Leader (what it says on the label, along with hints of Master of All when she actually tries)
    Weiss - The Smart Girl (the primary magic user of the team)
    Blake - The Lancer (hit and run, attacks from the flanks - the "wild card" of the team)
    Yang - The Big Girl (the muscle of the group)

JNPR
    Jaune - The Leader (primary role is tactician along with some tanking duties)
    Nora - The Big Girl (the muscle)
    Pyrrha - The Lancer (better than Jaune at just about everything, but willing to play second banana)
    Ren - The Smart/Quiet One (primarily a foil to Nora)

With Team RNJR, those traditional teams are more or less blown away. Ruby's team has been smashed to pieces (Yang maimed and seemingly blue-screening, Weiss back in Atlas, Blake who-knows-where), and she's joined up with the remnants of JNPR (RIP P). The way I figure it, she's probably not going to assume full leadership among the new team. JNR are used to fighting alongside one another, and Jaune knows how to call the shots with them to work to best effect. My take:

Ruby - The Lancer (best overall fighter in the group, from the S4 trailer wanders off from the rest of the team)
    Nora - still The Big Girl
    Jaune - still The Leader, but shares some duties w/ Ruby when she's present
    Ren - still the Smart/Quiet One

What do you think?

#1 ExiledMarble, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    STRQWinter likes this.
  2. TylerMcQuarrieMusic

TylerMcQuarrieMusic New Member

I'd have to agree with this, although I can see Ruby and Jaune taking on different roles of "leader."

Jaume being tactics, Ruby being the leader into battle, if that makes sense.

3. SeaOfHope

SeaOfHope Well-Known Member

Ruby also takes initiatives to coordinate plans and tactics on the fly in the midst of battle, so I'm very interested to see Ruby and Jaune's dynamic play out.