1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

The Malachite Sisters

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by RF_Redfox, Apr 1, 2014.

1. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

[​IMG]

For those who don't know (most of you will) the Malachite sisters are the twins who fought Yang in the "Yellow" trailer. The two girls are Melanie and Miltiades. Very little is known about the two, however, Melanie is shown to be more confidant as well as arrogant and cocky. Miltia seems to be less confident and more quiet, often seen standing in a polite stance with her hands in front and her head lowered slightly. Melanie can be seen as stubborn. This is shown when Junior waved the girls away and Melanie visually shows her displeasure while Miltia easily and calmly leaves.

Anyone have anything else to add? I wanted to put this thread up because I think these two may turn up again in volume 2.

2. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

It's been said by Monty and others that they will show up in the series at some point. I don't know that it will be in volume 2, however. They way they made it sound, seemed to be a little farther out. But they may surprise us.

3. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

How finished are they with making volume 2?

4. Ember

Ember Well-Known Member

Sadly, I do not know. They've done quite a bit of voice recording and are animating. I've also heard mentions of more Jeff Williams music.
    I don't know any more than that.

5. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

I just hate that I have to see the premiere on my ipod.

6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Well-Known Member

Okay, cool. I was hoping that the whole "Junior's club" thing wasn't going to be limited to just the Yellow Trailer.

They have such differing personalities to be twins. I mean, they're practically polar opposites. I know quite a few sets of identical twins, and though personality wise they may differ, I've never seen two twins who are as polar opposites as these two (and yet, somehow, they're simultaneously sooooo similar).

What I want to know is what their relation to Junior is. Are they family? Are they hired 'bouncers' for the club?

7. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Baeven
    Staff Member Admin

Twins who are polar opposites is a common trope in media.

8. Darksilver

Darksilver Well-Known Member

I like to think that they are Junior's nieces or at least his gang buddy's kids, but that's just headcannon.
    As for bouncers, In a world like Remnant, you kinda need people like that so it would make sense.

9. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

They could just be Junior's arm candy since it's likely that those involved in organized crime would have female arm candy in their entourage. Junior gets the added benefit that these girls are better fighters than his own goons. I don't necessarily think there's any kind of relationship between them since they're likely just working for Junior because of the power he wields in Vale's underworld (or at least that his family wields since where there is a Junior, there is likely a Senior who is the boss)

Ember likes this.
  10. RF_Redfox

RF_Redfox Active Member

Even though they have different personalities they do fight in perfect synchronization.