1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 2: Remembrance

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Oct 29, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Placeholder for Episode 2. Just like last time, thread will open when episode airs.

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

We're about an hour away, but I have things to do so I'm unlocking this now so that it'll be available when it airs.

3. Oneiros

Oneiros Happy-Go-Lucky Mod of Justice & Love
    Staff Member Admin

THIS FUCKING WOMAN AND HER FUCKING FAMILY MEMBERS OUTTA NOWHERE

4. Chellote

Chellote Active Member

Whelp, that one hit right in the feels.

Aznpride1207, STRQWinter and Oneiros like this.
  5. Neopolitan Bonaparte

Neopolitan Bonaparte Well-Known Member

Good lord, man. I have a cold. I didn't need that hit to the feels.

Seriously, that moment was handled so well. I was nearly in tears.

sfgiantsfanmike likes this.
  6. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised by just how somber this episode was.

Weiss's family seems even more dysfunctional, heavy implication that her parents fight a lot and that her mother is a heavy drinker.

Her brother seems a tad unnecessary, I understand that he's there to flesh out her relationship with the family a bit more, but I don't think he is necessarily needed.

Papa Schnee is pretty hateable in my opinion, the fact that he is manipulative towards his own daughter and that his claims about caring about anything other than his company are so transparent, really add to that.

Scene does a good job at making you feel sorry for Weiss, she can see right through her father's attempts to manipulate her, but she's not in much of a position to say no.

So I get the impression that Klein is the one who actually took care of raising Weiss and was way more of a dad to her than her actual dad. Not especially original, but I can't fault the execution here and that's what really counts.

Ironwood comes off as the more reasonable person in the room during his argument with Papa Schnee.

So Ruby is having nightmares about last volumes events. I like it, as well as seeing how she acts in her private moments, this does a good job of showing how things are weighing more heavily on her than she lets on.

The scene with the ravaged town was pretty effective. Especially how Ruby and Jaune futilely tried to figure out a way to save that last guy, only for him to die before they had a chance toe even do anything. A small but effective tragic moment.

The scene with Jaune practicing to the recording of Phyrra, was genuinely beautiful. It was great way for her to make one more appearance, while also showing just how affected both Ruby and Jaune are by things.

Ren and Nora seemed to recognise that symbol interesting.

Last week was a solid enough start, but this was much better in my opinion, I might even go so far to call it a great episode. So one good episode and one much better one so far, let's hope RT keep this level of quality up for the rest of the season.

#6 Cybuster, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Oneiros and White Raven like this.
  7. Chellote

Chellote Active Member

I feel like my feels were stomped all over by the episode and then for good measure, a knife was put into what was left of my already bleeding heart. Thanks RT, I really needed that.

Aznpride1207 and EmeraldGuardian like this.
  8. EmeraldGuardian

That episode was amazing! I wish it was another full 20 minutes like episode 1 but apart from that no complaints. So my question is what's up with Pyrrha? Is Ruby's dreams just some kind of unresolved guilt over her death? Has she been hearing Jaune practicing with the video and thats been subconsciously affecting her dreams? Or is it something more? Is her spirit still around or is this lending any credence to the Pyrrha resurrection theories. I don't really think they'll bring her back to life but I feel like there is something more up with those dreams of Ruby's then there first appears.

Now onto the Atlas plot line. I really don't trust Weiss' brother for some reason. Something isn't right there. I'm wondering if he's conspiring against her in some way, so that he's named heir to the SDC? Idk... I guess we really don't have enough information to judge that, but my first instinct is that something is going on there. Well, Papa Schnee is pretty much as bad as I thought he'd be. I really hope Weiss makes some kind of stand this volume and tells her father off.

Now, the village. That whole scene was just tragic. Like everyone else is saying there is something going on with Ren and Nora. Whatever group of bandits destroyed that village are probably the reason they are orphans. I'm hoping we get some back story on that soon.

Still no Blake or Yang yet. Hopefully thats coming in the next episode. As always RoosterTeeth did a great job! Can't wait till next week.

9. Lazy

Lazy Well-Known Member

All aboard the feels train, because my heart just got #rekt.

A few aesthetic things annoyed me such as Ironwood's arms being too short proportionally to his body....

Overall, this was a good episode for character arcs and I really like Klein.

(side note, if it's "klein" like in German, then his name is really on the nose. That dude is short.)

10. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

It really bugs me that there's a recording by Pyrrha, and during the session it feels like she's trying to confess something to Jaune. It felt like I missed something.