1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 3: Of Runaways And Stowaways

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Nov 5, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Thread will go live in 45 minutes.

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

It's live

3. Chellote

Chellote Active Member

Hrmm, Ironwood had already preemptively made Yang an arm, that's interesting to say the least given what transpired at the Vytal festival.

4. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

What I was expecting Yang's arc for the volume to be was for her to eventually get out of her funk and then maybe try to get a robot arm. Interestingly, it seems to be the opposite in reality. The arm is right there but the challenge will likely be her having to get the will to use it..

5. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

It took over 3 volumes but we finally have a 3D model of Lisa Lavender.

Aznpride1207 and SeaOfHope like this.
  6. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

My thoughts.

While it was a reasonably effective scene there is just something kind of comical about Yang, being a coach potato. Aside it wasn't a bad way to get exposition out and it explains why RNJR had to take the long route to Mistral.

Nice to show that a robo arm isn't a magic solution to all Yang's problems. I recall saying a while ago, than an effective story arc would be her having one available, but refusing it, have her overcome her problems and then her acepting it be symbolic of her being back in business. I'm glad that looks to be the direction they are going in.

I honestly much prefered Sun's initial charming rogue characterisation, so I can't say that I'm happy to see him still being portrayed as the joke that he was in V2 and V3. Atleast he was competent in battle this episode, so that's a plus.

I liked some bits of the choreography in the fight (especially the creative use of their semblances), I'm not a fan of them going full on Advent Children, with characters being able to jump and seemingly remain in the air indefinitely. I liked the ending to fight, with the ship's captain proving his badassery. Actually cruise ships having heavy weapons encase of Grim attack is a pretty cool idea in my opinion.

LOL at how pointless Sun's teammates are, all they get is a name drop.

Salem continues to pretty creepy, seems she can talk to Grimm (possibly even confirming herself to be a humanoid Grimm). Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that Ozpin isn't dead at this point.

I liked this episode but there are some things that irked me about (mostly involving Sun)

I don't think she will get arm attached until she's out of her funk. Her acepting it being the moment that tells the audience that she's back in business.

#6 Cybuster, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    SeaOfHope and Chellote like this.
  7. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

Some additional thoughts:

-We got about 16 minutes worth of episode this week which is a pretty decent amount and more than Chapter 3 of last volume.

-Yang shows how you do household tasks one handed.

-Blake slapping Sun across the face was extremely satisfying. (I an neutral on Eclipse and Bumblebee) It was just the right thing for her to do at that moment.

-The animation on Blake's ears was fun to watch

8. Grimmash

Grimmash Active Member

Adorable cat ears are adorable. And Yang really did become a couch potato. Kind of weird that Ironwood would just make an arm for Yang out of nowhere. He wasn't really close to team RWBY, especially not towards Yang.

Either he sympathises with her for losing an arm in a war, or that he is doing it simply because Yang was in a team with Weiss. Schnee's and Ironwood have good relations so I could see it happening. I doubt Ironwood would make custom equipment for everyone who lost an arm in a war.

Journey to the East reference is strong and we even got a Flood Dragon Grimm.

Oh and to reiterate Blake's ears are adorable.

9. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

I would not be surprised if he learned about team RWBY's actions during the fall of Beacon from after battle reports and ordered the arm made as some repayment.

10. Grimmash

Grimmash Active Member

And, or he did it because he felt like an ass for pressing Yang about the whole ''break-a-leg'' incident. Probably figured out that she was completely sane and was smeared like Atlas was. Anyway, it is pretty sweet from him.

---

Oh and seeing Salem again is always nice. She clearly doesn't believe Cinder killed Ozpin. And we finally see some TEMPER from Salem, not taking Cinder's sore throat bullcrap. Kind of thinking that Salem has an ability to tell lies from truth when they speak. That is why Salem didn't allow Emerald to speak for Cinder here.

I wonder what Relic/Artifact was Salem talking about? Hoping it is Ozpin's Cane.

#10 Grimmash, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Tyrant Sun and Sabriel Xiao Long like this.