1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 5: Menagerie

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Bluehair

Bluehair Active Member

I have no issues with Sun's character. He is basically a sounding board for Blake to talk about the city to. Its a way for the writers to tell us about the city while working it into the show. The way they talk is a great way to make WoR unnecessary. He will play a role to come but what it is I do not know.

2. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

For me, I get what Sun is supposed to be: countering moody Blake and being a bright, positive, happy, goofy person to help her. But it's the way that he's presented is what rubs me the wrong way and makes him just annoying. His comment about the White Fang, "Well those guys were creepy", felt wrong trying to keep the mood light when it could've ended that part of the scene with Blake walking away.

Aznpride1207 likes this.
  3. Imaginary Person

Imaginary Person Well-Known Member

"You could almost say I was born into it."
    Yeah. Almost.

The Supreme One and Buck like this.
  4. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Idk if I've just become complacent or what. I guess I'm not really looking for the same things others are atm. While not much in the way of characters gets me invested in this episode I can't say I disliked it either.

Something about the production values in this episode and the presentation appeal to me. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Vol 1 since the palettes are not as dark as V2 and 3.

5. HiBob

HiBob Active Member

I do have to say RWBY Volume 4 looks much more visually appealing. The backgrounds for this episode were nice.

6. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

remember when people thought blake's father was the WF leader and we somehow came up with some kind of justification for why he couldn't be. (I don't remember the justification but...)

7. BronzTrooper

BronzTrooper Active Member

Honestly, I kind of wish it had turned out that Blake had a sister instead of being an only child (before this episode, I thought that Blake's mom was meant to be a sister of Blake's), if only because it could've led to more character development than what we got. It might've been able to lead to some amusing scenes where the sister could've tried hitting on Sun, only for Sun to awkwardly avoid it without outright stating he wasn't interested in her (at least, that's how I figure he would've reacted in that kind of situation).

But then, we've only seen 1 episode of Blake's parents, so there may be a lot more to them than we assume atm. I just want to know what kind of Faunus her dad is, because I don't see any cat ears on him.

8. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Maybe because it was a terrible idea and we didn't think RT would actually go through with it....

9. The Supreme One

The Supreme One Well-Known Member

well yeah. I was absolutely against that idea. But still, those were the glory days.

10. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I always just assumed she was orphan. It would make sense for why she always feels so attached to her partners while also defaulting to a solo act when it comes to acting on something.